Systems Integration ‑ Federal Senior Solution Specialist (Java Application Developer) ‑ USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology ‑ a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center ‑ we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you will do/Responsibilities
· Innovating solutions to work around system limitations
· Adapting to new technologies and gain a functional understanding
· Understanding control procedures and disciplines
· Working with quality assurance teams in systems similar to JIRA and or Confluence
· Problem solving with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error
· Delivering high quality work and adapting to new challenges, as an individual or as part of a team
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of software development work experience in Java, J2EE, ProC
· Database persistence framework experience using JDBC, JPA, JNDI and data source configuration.
· Ability to develop UML artifacts e.g., Class, Sequence, Activity, and/or Use Case diagrams with minimal supervision.
· Working knowledge of Oracle 11g Database, SQL/PL, and SQL queries.
· Ability to consult and direct clients’ on enterprise application environments including: architecture, security, and all other components when providing direction on software solutions
· Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder
· Must be willing to live and work in the Orlando, FL area
Strong J2EE platform integration, framework, and deployment experience.
Experience using one or more frameworks such as Spring/AOP, EJB 3.0 / Java Persistent Architecture (JPA), Hibernate Annotations & EntityManager, JSP, JavaServer Faces (JSF), Servlets, XML.XSD, and Web Services (SOAP,WSDL,JAXB)
Experience with deployment tools to package and deploy components
Experience in both designing and developing platform components using Java Web Services, JWS/JAX, and Component Based Architectures
Ability to multi-task and lead development teams to ensure timely software development deliverables
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you are applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.