Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Systems Integration Analyst (Strong Agile/UML required) for a contract-to-hire contractor assignment with one of our premier University clients in Manchester, NH. He or she will collaborate with business liaisons to translate software requirements into technical specifications; and partner with software developers and QA analysts to develop logical technical processes. The SA will perform basic cost-benefit calculations, interdependency analysis, and prioritization exercises related to systems changes. The SA serves as the primary contact for any questions related to how the system works from both a business and a technical perspective. Initial projects include a package conversion and student IS-related projects. **This position will start off remote but candidate should be prepared to work onsite in New Hampshire long-term/post COVID - that will not be until 2021 at the very earliest** Other Responsibilities include
- Partner with business liaisons and technical teams to understand and define system goals and technical system requirements
- Service as the bridge between solution architecture and application development
- Create technical specifications and processes using structured analysis and data modeling techniques (e.g. activity diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams).
- Promote the adoption of Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagramming standards for technical design and specifications, which could include Information Engineering notation for database design, Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) for business process maps, etc.
- Partner with designers to build system functionality and quality attributes
- Assist to shepherd software projects through the software development lifecycle experience with Agile methods preferred.
- Assist technical groups in revising logic for performance efficiency
- Build and leverage automation to decrease overall system deployment and support cycle time
- Participate in system and user acceptance testing efforts
- Minimum 3-7years of relevant systems/technical analysis experience
- Demonstrated experience writing software requirement specifications and test specifications
- Proven experience with modeling techniques such as Object-Oriented analysis & design, UML (e.g. Use Cases, Activity Diagrams), Design patterns, etc. MUST have UML not just Use Case experience.
- Experience with UML diagramming and design tools such as Rational, Visual Paradigm , StarUML. Must have experience with a tool that is MORE specific to UML than just a generic tool such as Visio or Lucid Chart.
- Familiarity with Service-Oriented Architecture concepts
- Proficient with object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience generating reports using SQL
- In-depth understanding of iterative software development methodologies. Agile is highly preferred.
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products
- Ability to partner with software engineers and quality analysts to identify the course of resolutions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Former positions in software engineering/development is a big PLUS
- Business Process Analysis
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com