We are seeking a Systems Integration and Test (SI&T) Engineer
to join our team at White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM. The successful candidate will join a team that is dedicated to system analysis, TDRS customer support, software and hardware testing, and the implementation of new software or hardware into existing systems.This Position Will Be Responsible For The Following
- Interface with personnel from a variety of disciplines to ensure successful integration of software fixes and updates.
- Perform software testing, customer support analysis and troubleshooting, and operations procedures development.
- Write technical policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Develop and use consistent processes and test plans.
- Independently organize working groups to develop scenario testing, procedures, documentation, and operator training.
- Develop and document test plans and test cases for newly developed or existing software or hardware.
- Provide on-the-job training to operations and maintenance personnel as required.
- Research, evaluate and recommend hardware technologies that allow the organization to achieve its technologies goals or improve efficiency.
- Complete miscellaneous tasks and projects as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or sciences discipline and 3+ years' experience.
- 2+years' experience with software scripting languages such as Python
- This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a secret security clearance.
This position requires the candidate to hold an active secret security clearance or above. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a and show proof of citizenship.
- Master's degree in engineering or sciences discipline.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with peers.
- Knowledge of network technologies, switches, performance, and firewall security.
- Familiarity with configuration management practices.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and work with multiple tasks, projects, and personnel from a variety of disciplines.
- Experience in evaluating and testing software performance.
- Ability to research and work with vendors on COTS products, including software and firmware updates.