Job ID: 2116041 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is looking for an experienced network systems engineer and administrator with background in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting cross-domain systems. Must have excellent speaking, listening and written communication skills. Team oriented and customer focused attitude is critical due to multiple networking locations and varied U.S. Government end users. Responsible for maintaining existing equipment including annual inventory updates, development of recapitalization recommendations and real time govt directed purchasing of malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintain all components of computer network software including software licenses, software version updates, anti-virus software, firewalls, routers, switch configuration as required
- Perform Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) on systems and applications following the Authorization to Operate (ATO)
- Document, track, and report progress/closure of Plan of Action &Milestones (POA&M) liens for systems when docimented i the XACTA system. Work with government Information Security systems engineer (ISSE) after evaluation, to address liens, duedates for closure, and submit proof to complet closure within XACTA
- Develop security-related documentation for Assessment and Authoraization (A&A) under ICD 503 and associated governement directives.
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting network hardware issues
- Troubleshoot hardware and software, run diagnostics, document problems and solutions, prioritizing fixes, and assess current and future impact of issues
- Monitoring and generating data analytics focused on improving network throughput performance
- Communicating networking issues to internal team as well as Gov't Lead. Provide documentation and technical specifications to leadership for planning and implementing new or upgrades of end to end networking software and hardware.
- Training and educating new users
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent years of experience required
- 14+ years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- Network engineering experience (preferred experience with Arista and Juniper Switches and Palo Alto Firewalls)
- DOD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II required, Level III desired. Security network engineering experience in support of Risk Management Framework (RMF) (XACTA), Security+ or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Linux Redhat Enterprise, Microsoft Server network protocols are required, Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) preferred.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, remote desktop, remote computer management or equivalent
- Experience with Python scripting and other automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Ability to problem solve and think critically
- Communication skills
- Project management skills
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.