1777 – QA
St. Paul, MN
1 year contract
Our large government client is looking for a strong Quality Assurance Analyst (QA) to support multiple technical initiatives including the work on system modernization projects.
For each project, the Quality Assurance Analyst will be working with the project teams, and will be expected to create or participate in creating: A QA test strategy, QA test plan, QA test cases, and QA test closure defect documentation, a requirements traceability matrix, and other documentation as requested (i.e., meeting notes, documented processes, change requests, and status reports). The Quality Assurance Analyst will need to interface with a variety of individuals—both on the project team and outside the project team—who may have a vested interest and can offer information pertaining to the project, including: A project director, project managers, business analysts, developers, database administrators, and information technology group system architects. All members of the QA staff (managers, supervisors, leads, and other QA analysts), business staff, employees, external vendors, and the stakeholder community, including the counties and health care provider organizations, and other agency team members.
- Work with the appropriate resources to define and write Functional and Technical Testable Requirements (Waterfall) and/or User Stories and Acceptance Criteria (Agile).
- Have complete understanding of all functional and technical Requirements and/or Acceptance Criteria.
- Approve Requirements if asked to perform QA project lead duties.
- Have complete understanding of Design document to ensure the design complements the Requirements. Approve Design document if asked to perform QA project lead duties.
- Work with the QA Supervisor and/or QA Lead to create the Level of Effort (LOE) estimate for all testing activities within the project.
- Work with the QA Supervisor and/or QA Lead to create the Test Strategy.
- Work with the QA Supervisor and/or QA Lead to create the Test Plan.
- Work with Business Analyst, Developers, and DBA’s in defining detailed and reusable Functional, System Integration, and Regression test cases and completing Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Write detailed and reusable Functional, System Integration, and Regression Test Cases.
- Assist the Performance Engineer in determining business flows to be scripted and utilized in Performance/Load testing.
- Assist the Automation Engineer in determining test cases to be scripted and utilized in smoke / regression testing.
- Accurately document all defects in the defect tracking tool in a timely manner.
- Escalate all challenges to the appropriate resource(s) in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Attend and participate in the Defect Triage and Review meetings.
- Assist in managing the overall scope of the testing effort.
- Complete required QA documentation in an accurate and timely manner. Provide edits to QA documentation as necessary if the project’s Requirements change, if scope changes, if testing schedule changes, etc.
- Receive appropriate approval and sign-off for all testing documentation.
- Provide QA leadership to assigned project, when requested.
- Provide support to the UAT team, if requested.
- Provide, in timely manner, status of assigned project when requested.
- Execute manual and automation Test Cases for various test types (smoke, functional, regression, etc.).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Execute all Test Cases according to the Test Plan, or explain why risk-based / priority testing is executed
- Provide knowledge transfer.
- Seven (7) years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst
- A B.S. or B.A. Degree (4 year) substitutes for four years of experience, or an Associate’s Degree (2 year) substitutes for two years of experience.
- Five (5) engagements/projects lasting a minimum of three (3) months each in a Quality Assurance Analyst role.
- Experience with IBM Cúram solution for healthcare reform and/or downstream integrated systems that consume or use the Curam data
- Computer Science or Information Technology degree
- Experience planning and executing end to end testing of integrated systems including validation of the integration layer.
- Experience writing and executing basic SQL query commands
- Experience utilizing RTC as a defect reporting tool.
- Resources are from the five state area (MN, IA, WI, SD, ND).