Keller Schroeder, an information technology firm in Evansville, IN is seeking a Systems Monitoring and Network Engineer to work for our direct client in Baltimore, MD. This is a contract opportunity lasting for approximately 1 year. This role will monitor multiple systems across all applications, mainframe, platforms and services, databases and networks. Will also work with Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Business Impact monitoring.
- Network optimization, network health via monitoring, thresh holding and throughput capacity planning
- Network hardware and software performance and configuration verification testing
- Troubleshoot issues with network traffic analysis, knowledge of protocol analysis
- Work closely with support teams, development teams, vendors and program managers
- Identifying and perform safety checks required during maintenance/deployment based on the network design and the protocols implemented
- Log into the network devices, configure and deploy network devices manually if automation is missing
- Troubleshoot device issues during deployment, live site or maintenance
- 5+ years related experience
- Solid knowledge of enterprise wide routers, switch, and firewall solutions
- Ideal candidate must be comfortable working on wide variety of vendor devices including Cisco, Palo, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to work independently or as member of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid work ethic, and collaborative in personal style
- Ability to work onsite in Baltimore, MD
We look forward to receiving your resume in Word format.