1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
GDIT is looking for a Systems Administrator to fill a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (8PM-6AM) nonrotating shift, for a 24/7 program. Ideal candidates will be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, contribute in a team environment, and be able to take direction but also be a self-starter. The applicant should be a team player/customer service oriented:
* Support a mix of enterprise and standalone systems.
* -Maintain Hardware and Configuration Management for switches, routers, storage arrays, and traffic among these devices.
* CCNA desired but not required
* Windows (v. 2007, 2010, 2012) operating systems / server experience
* Experience with; VMware, VISO, Ticket System, Network and System monitoring tools
* Tier 1 troubleshooting of Hardware, Networks, and Systems
* Direct customer interactions and virtual support across multiple countries -
* Hardware replacement; workstations, drives and consumables
* Cable Management skills; pull, label and maintain for networks and desk configurations
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Department: Information Technology