SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Preferred Location: Mason, OH
Responsible for Systems Performance Engineering support tasks, leading to delivery of application systems which meet the performance and throughput requirements of business stakeholders.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Leads and coordinates performance engineering for large initiatives spanning multiple projects and/or systems.
- Collect and document expected system performance and operational characteristics. Collect and/or prepare test data for test execution.
- Design, develop and execute performance tests including load, stress, endurance, fail-over and interoperability.
- Analyze performance test results.
- Identify system bottlenecks, with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Create reports to document performance metrics, test results, analysis and recommendations.
- Monitor performance of production systems.
- Develope system tuning recommendations.
- Leads performance defect triage and determines cross-system impact.
- Resolve performance and stability issues in performance test environment.
- Evaluate performance characteristics of new technologies.
- Lead improvement of the performance engineer process in the SDLC.
- Lead resolution of production performance and stability issues.
- Requires Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Information Systems; 10 years of performance engineering and performance testing experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Demonstrated ability to manage performance engineering efforts at across multiple systems.
- Must understand and follow all applicable SDLC and performance engineering processes.
- Experience consulting with departments external to IT.
- Prior experience coaching and mentoring others is a plus.
- Wily and Splunk is preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.