Kforce has a client in search of a Systems Security Administrator in Reston, VA.
* Work with our DevOps and system engineers daily to support growing needs of our agency's mission
* Monitoring the overall network, application, database, and system security within Splunk Enterprise (Enterprise Security) and other monitoring tools
* Developing incident-response plans and collaborate with both the DevOps and Security teams to execute penetration testing for high-value systems and applications
* Spearheading incident-response actions, including both customer communication and technical procedures; Provide support to develop automated scripts and solutions to achieve sprint tasks
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Network Security, or a related field and at least three of experience in a security-administration role or at least six years of experience in a security administrator role
* Minimum 4 years of specialized experience supporting 24x7 enterprise-class applications in a significant administrative role
* Experience operating in a secure environment to include deploying security controls to the Windows operating system
* Experience using Splunk Enterprise (Enterprise Security) for proactive monitoring and incident response
* Experience developing and implementing incident-response plans
* Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, evidence of skills analyzing information technology issue, evaluation alternatives, and making logical recommendations based on findings, ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Performed scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
* Experience in effectively manage multiple priorities and meeting deadlines
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.