Join our growing IT department as a Systems Security Engineer to help insure high quality security solutions that support 90% of US clinicians.
Applicants Only, No Recruiters!!
Summary of Position: We are looking for a capable Systems Security Engineer who enjoys all facets of security work and possess both deep and wide expertise in the security space. You will make things more secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks, running vulnerability and penetration tests, and securing highly sensitive data. Qualified candidates will have a background in security or systems engineering.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information.
- Identify and define system security requirements to be used as standards within IT.
- Perform log reviews of all systems using monitoring tools (SIEM) and provide documented baseline security standards.
- Develop documentation to support ongoing security systems operations, maintenance, and specific problem resolution.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Interface with available 3rd party security vendors to ensure proper security monitoring and alerting is in place.
- Manage security audits, investigations, and breaches with appropriate internal and 3rd parties.
- Provide risk analysis for vulnerabilities, incidents, and change requests.
- Write comprehensive reports including any assessment findings, outcomes, and proposals for further system security enhancements.
- Be an active member in all technical workgroups to recommend effective security configurations and architecture.
- Perform security tool administration providing risk analysis and remediation steps for all IMO systems.
- Provide escalated support for other IT team members.
- Stay current with security trends and industry standards
- Other tasks as assigned by senior staff.
Technical Requirements – Education, Areas of Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with a technical major such as engineering or computer science
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in Information Technology as a Security Administrator or Engineer
- Strong understanding of networking technologies and topology/design
- Advanced knowledge of SIEM or other logging tools
- Web application penetration testing and analysis experience
- Experience with standards compliance (PCI and HIPAA)
- ISC2, GIAC, ISACA or other security certification required
- Knowledge of Antivirus technologies or ITIL a plus
- AWS security knowledge is a plus
Behavioral Requirements - Personal Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to think logically and to resolve problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment and make critical decisions based on experience and direction of other team members
- Ability to acquire new skills quickly and to meet deadlines
- Problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills
- All employees of IMO
- All consultants of IMO
- All Customers of IMO
Our tech stack:
- Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redshift
- CI/CD: TFS, Octopus, Git, Terraform
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, Serverless
- Monitoring: New Relic, Cloudwatch, AppInsights, PRTG, Dynatrace
- SCM: Puppet, PowerShell, Cloud Formation
At IMO, a core team of clinicians, software developers and engineers combine computer science and medical expertise to help patients and healthcare professionals’ access high quality health information quickly and easily to improve total patient health. IMO is a privately held multi-million-dollar corporation enjoying explosive growth. If a challenging, fast paced, energetic work environment appeals to your career interests, do come and join our fast-growing team!
IMO has a casual dress work environment, healthy living initiatives, bonus, Equity Participation Plan, and a strong benefits package including medical/dental /vision; 401K with a history of strong match; competitive PTO and much more. Downtown commuters will enjoy free shuttle service to IMO’s Northbrook door step from Metra Station.
Note: Employee may come in contact with ePHI as part of their job responsibilities and he/she would need to follow appropriate IMO policies and procedures applicable under HIPAA regulations.