NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE) is a multi-award winning company founded in 1999. NETE is a full service Information Technology (IT) company dedicated to providing value focused services to the Federal Government and the Biomedical Research and Health IT Sector. NETE offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail-oriented Systems Security Engineer. The ideal candidate shall provide Network Operations and Maintenance Support which includes troubleshooting network problems, network change requests, patching, performing moves, adds and changes, remote access changes which include VPN and Citrix changes, firewall changes, load balancer changes, adding additional network switches using existing technologies, decommissioning devices. The ideal candidate shall provide network services to approximately 2,500 customers. Provide Network Engineer/Implementation Support in a production 24x7 environment, with rotating on-call duties. This may include work on nights and weekends to provide operations support and accommodate customer needs for off-hours maintenance completion.
- Perform patching of systems on a monthly basis using tools such as HEAT and BigFix.
- Follow established schedule for communications and execution of patching activities.
- Develop and provide post-patching reports to customer for review to demonstrate completeness of patching.
- Daily management of Anti-Malware software on servers using tools such as Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Ensure Change Management systems are updated accordingly with any remediation activities.
- Participate in on-call activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related subject, with 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to support in a 24x7 On-call duties.
- CCNA/VMWare/AWS or relevant certification preferred.
- Strong experience in working in Linux environment
- Strong experience in patching and reporting
- Ability to research vulnerabilities and provide recommendations for mitigation
- Hands-on experience with physical and virtual network capabilities including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/ IPS, servers, load balancers, proxies, Citrix, server monitoring toolsand VPN access.
- knowledge of LAN/WAN/MAN Administration.
- Ability to work cooperatively and to function well in a team environment.
- Excellent customer interface skills.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens preferred.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Free parking at corporate offices
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through UHC national network
- Dental coverage through UHC national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
NETE is a multi-award winning company as well as offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses; and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.