Job ID: 2208814 Location:
ALEXANDRIA , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 25 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCIClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a Systems Security Engineer
to participate in Independent Technical Risk Assessments (ITRA) ( https://ac.cto.mil/itra/ ) and Program Protection Plan (PPP) ( https://acqnotes.com/acqnote/careerfields/program-protection-plan ) reviews to advance the practice of systems security engineering through all phases of a system acquisition, from requirements through design and production to sustainment and disposal of military systems that may operate in physical or cyberspace domains. They will develop and review policy, acquisition and technical guidance, strategy, methods, and technology roadmaps as directed by the government. They will review program acquisition documents, engage with Acquisition Category 1D (ACAT 1D) and develop program protection risks to inform program milestone decisions.
The ideal candidate will be a well-versed system security engineer with program protection knowledge of DoD programs and risk management practices. The candidate will be an advocate for improving the DoD state-of-the-practice for program protection. This position is located in Alexandria, VA.
Job duties include:
Qualifications Education & Experience
- Coordinate with the Military Services for the development of program protection policy, guidance and best practices.
- Support the development DoD strategies, findings, assessments, recommendations and reports to DoD senior leaders.
- Support ITRA teams in the assessment of DoD ACAT 1D programs and development of program risks.
- Coordinate with DoD Programs to review Program Protection Plans and program implementation of protection methods and practices to mitigate risks.
- Support the alignment of program protection policy requirements and procedures with operational and system engineering requirements, methods and processes for weapons systems.
- Develop an implementation methodology to translate program protection policy requirements into measurable and testable requirements.
- Provide professional engineering and technical services to support the capture of best practices, methods, processes and procedures in Secure Cyber Resilient Engineering and the development of policy, guidance and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or related field
- Minimum of fourteen (14) years of technical experience in the areas of Systems Engineering, Systems Security Engineering, and/or Software Engineering or related STEM areas
- Minimum of 5 years of Acquisition or Engineering experience supporting DoD programs of record
- Minimum of 2 years of assessing technical planning, management processes and risk associated with DoD programs
- Experience communicating with senior management and reporting progress against schedule
- Ability to interact regularly with Service program offices and development contractors
- Experience in delivering complex solutions in a high-pressure environment
- Possess communications and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to provide long-term guidance and solutions
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, prioritization, task management and organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually, and to transform ideas into practical implementation
- Must have active TS/SCI clearance
- Master's degree in an engineering discipline or related field and twelve (12) years or more experience
- Experience as a DoD Action Officer in developing and staffing work packages through tasker information systems
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition lifecycle, policy and guidance
- Background and capability in the following types of areas: Program Protection Planning, Software Engineering, Agile software development, Embedded Software, Software Design, Risk Management Framework, Microelectronics Design, Developmental Test and Evaluation
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.