Description Job Description:
Leidos has an immediate need for a Systems Specialist II a at Ft Wainwright.
Under minimal supervision provides hardware and applications front-line support to AHLTA/CHCS end users Interacts with network services, software systems engineering and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify core problems. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of customer satisfaction according to defined policies Works with engineers to resolve Tier 2 and Tier 3 support issues. Participates in new application rollouts, testing and special projects as needed.
Provides technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of CHCS/AHLTA software/hardware. Activities include recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps. Screens, refers, and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of end-user devices (EUDs), software, hardware, and firmware utilizing experience and understanding of MHS environment and MHS clinical systems.
Virtual Classroom Training: CHCS Applications, AHLTA System Administration
Technical IA Training: Security+ Certification
MTF Specific Training
HIPAA / Privacy Act Training
Type of Tasks to Perform (non inclusive):
1. Assist end-users (both local and remote) with questions, problems and requests for CHCS/AHLTA supported software and hardware computing platforms in person, via phone, or email
2. Diagnose and resolve problems related to CHCS/AHLTA, printers, scanners and other peripherals
3. Provide AHLTA/CHCS user assistance (trouble tickets, etc.)
4. Convey problems to appropriate individual based on established guidelines and procedures. Refers more complex problems to senior IT staff or Defense Health Global Service Center (DHAGSC).
5. Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of service support
6. Assist in special AHLTA/CHCS product-related issues as needed
7. Assist in troubleshooting hardware and application software issues identified by AHLTA/CHCS users
8. Assist in running CHCS and AHLTA data backups that are required on a regularly scheduled basis
9. Provide on-call systems coverage during non-duty hours for scheduled CHCS/AHLTA downtimes or Unscheduled CHCS/AHLTA system failures
10. Other duties as assigned supporting CHCS/AHLTA
Education and Experience
External Referral Bonus:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of prior experience.
- Successful completion of an ADPII security clearance investigation prior to your start date with Leidos. The commitment for employment will indicate that employment shall commence within 30 days of the granting of eligibility for a PCL.
- Meet the DOD 8570 certification requirement by obtaining and verifying your Security + certification prior to or within 6 months of your start date.
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
ADP2 / IT2Travel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems AdministrationPay Range: