We are looking for a team player with solid technical skills to work with our test engineering team. Candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed on new technologies quickly. Great communication and problem solving skills, with the ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment are required. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the smartest team and the very latest technology, then this is the job for you!
This is a mid level test engineering position. This position will be responsible for the development and execution of test plans and test cases, as well as data collection, data analysis, and creation of test defects for the iDirect Government product lines. The position provides an excellent opportunity to work for a rapidly growing company in the technology hub of Northern Virginia, and to gain experience in full life cycle hardware and software development. It will also help advance your career with the company's growth.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, execute and document test cases with their results for all iDirect products.
- Participate in design reviews and improve product quality.
- Perform setup of test scenarios, both hardware and software components, and perform troubleshooting as needed.
- Work within an Agile development environment, participating in daily scrum, backlog planning and test design meetings as needed.
- Work with the product development team to ensure testability is addressed throughout development.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the product and its key functions.
- Support/reproduce customer issues as needed.
- Work in a lab environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in planning, development, and execution of test strategies/plans to ensure software and hardware features meet product requirements.
- Strong understanding of test methodologies, hands-on experience in end-to-end product testing.
- Experience in the communications industry.
- Knowledge of communications and/or networking protocols.
- Experience with performance test tools such as Spirent, Ixia, etc.
- Background in Windows and Linux platforms.
- Experience with MySQL databases.
- Working knowledge of satellite communication systems, experience with iDirect platforms is desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, sockets, etc. and experience in network performance testing.
- Strong understanding of networking architecture such as routing/switching, IP, TCP/UDP, and application layers.
- Ability to generate, capture and analyze protocol traces. Familiar working with IP capture tools like Wireshark and Ethereal.
- Experience in analyzing crash logs, stack trace, faults by utilizing basic debugging techniques.
- Experience in working in Agile / Scrum environment delivering high quality product.
- Experience with cross-functional (hardware/firmware/software) development and verification.
- Experience with shell scripting and/or Python.
- Experience in running test tools for SCAP and IA compliance.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced development environment.
- Must be able to analyze and solve technical problems.
- Manage multiple competing priorities while driving resolution and getting results.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate (oral/written) effectively.
Education: BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or closely related engineering field with 5-7 years? experience in the satellite or telecommunications industry.
Clearance: Active DoD clearance or ability to obtain a DoD clearance.
iDirect Government is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.