Software Developer Lead
Here at the Cleveland Fed, we're excited to play a major role in the transformation of the U.S. government's largest digital tax collections system.
Led by both customer- and data-driven insights, we are committed to developing and implementing a new service with the best, most innovative technologies available today. Are you up for the challenge?
We give you the opportunity to boost your career and join a talented team committed to excellence, agile principles, and our customers.
You bring to us experience, positivity, and a willingness to collaborate on a system that will give taxpayers an improved, user-friendly experience. To be considered for this role, candidates must be a U.S. citizen. Position Summary
Responsible for the analysis, design, development, maintenance, and support of software applications for customers across a variety of platforms and/or business lines. Provide technical direction, planning and guidance to development staff. Serve as project manager, coach, and mentor when needed. Provide production support for users of software while keeping abreast of current technologies to enhance applications architecture and software design and development. Essential Accountabilities
Education and Experience
- Serve as a technical leader for a dedicated development team, providing mentorship, direction, planning and coordination to the team members.
- Lead design sessions; partners closely with architecture to ensure implementations follow architectural strategy
- Own the team code review process. Accountable for team code quality and test automation
- Act as a point of contact for other groups on technical matters and provides support as necessary
- Promptly escalates issues, which affect product delivery and/or quality that are beyond scope of influence
- Ensure technical documentation is produced and kept updated
- Provide management with feedback on team member's performance on a regular basis
- Code, debug, test, deploy, support and document moderately to highly complex application software
- Analyze moderately to highly complex customer business needs and recommends and implements automated solutions to increase process automation, user experience, and launch of new products and services
- Provide application and technical support during all phases of the application lifecycle
- Design, prototype, and develop moderately to highly complex software applications
- Incorporate security and other relevant bank and system controls into solutions and team practices
- Adhere and contribute to Bank and system software development methodologies and standards
- Ensure team complies with all security, compliance, and audit requirements
- Demonstrate commitment to innovation, quality, schedules and budget
- Continue to develop and learn to keep abreast of application development technologies and practices
- Lead technology projects and develops project management artifacts and documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Adhere to the Bank's attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance
• Bachelor's degree and 7 years of related work experience Knowledge and Skills
Physical Demands and General Working Conditions
- Domain, regulations, procedures and practices of a specific discipline and/or business line
- Ability to perform moderate to highly complex independent research
- Project management experience including the ability to lead projects and project teams
- Master in Agile development methodologies
- Expertise with Object Oriented design and development including a thorough understanding of OO design patterns and practices.
- Knowledge of RESTful design principles
- Test driven development
- Continuous integration & deployment
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills
- Complex analytical skills
- Experience with highly complex data models
- Cloud services such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform with an emphasis on serverless architectures
- Infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Relational and/or NoSQL data implementations
Traditional office environment: Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Addendum as needed: Employees may be required to travel by car/air.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to sustaining an environment in which diversity is valued and differences are strengths. It is the Bank's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information or sexual orientation.