Out client is seeking a skilled TAC Engineer who will be responsible for responding to client and automated alert tickets in a timely fashion based on client s prioritization and response guidelines. The goal of the role is to ensure that clients technical problems are resolved in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
Our client offers a competitive benefit program including 100% paid Medical plan option, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, paid Holidays, unlimited RTO (which encompasses vacation, sick, personal and bereavement), 401(k) match, bonuses and incentive plans. In addition, we offer paid training, professional development, employee recognition programs, employee outings, spontaneous fun and more.
The primarily location is Farmington, CT. However, from time to time travel between locations may be required.
- Provide remote or on-site level 2 technical support to their clients based on established procedures through various support mediums (telephone, email and remote).
- Actively manage assigned tickets, projects and follow-ups to ensure that they re addressed in a timely fashion.
- Escalate issues that may not be in your skill set quickly so that the client receives a timely resolution.
- Maintain client documentation and ensure it is kept up to date as changes occur or as part of a project.
- Recommend proactive solutions to recurring support issues.
- Performs preventative maintenance on servers and workstations for our clients.
- Support and troubleshoot virtual environments.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Windows operating systems and applications.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot backup systems.
- Install and configure managed service application, setup patch policies and proactive maintenance
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Support and maintain internal network systems.
- Handle administrative duties to maintain good client and vendor relations.
- Voluntarily provide information and assistance to other office members for the whole company s success.
- Accomplish the billable hours minimum requirement for the department as set by the company or department head.
- Stay current on industry trends and technology, which may affect operations or client expectations
- Follow policies and standard operating procedures for the TAC Department.
- Delight clients when performing services for them.
- Carry a cell phone and be reachable 24 hours, 7 days per week, when in the On-Call rotation. Work with Manager to develop and follow an education/certification program to increase/maintain level of technical expertise.
- Actively pursue training objectives as assigned.
- Participate in morning stand-up as well as other team and company meetings.
- A minimum of an associate degree or minimum 3-5 years equivalent technical experience. One industry certification or equivalent experience
- Must possess a thorough understanding of IP networking and ability to troubleshoot/analyze/resolve hardware and software issues remotely. Experience in Microsoft Windows server and desktop environments. Working knowledge of switching, routing and firewall technology
- Ability to thrive working both independently and in a team environment. Be willing to mentor other team members.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a wide range of customers having different levels of computer expertise
- Maintain effective and timely communication with the Client Experience Coordinator (triage) team to keep them informed on the status of all assignments
- Must possess a valid driver s license and a vehicle for transportation to and from client s offices and client locations as required. Occasional travel between Client s Farmington, CT headquarters and Albany location will be required.
- Ability to fly on commercial airlines when necessary
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to build a diverse environment. All suitable applicants will receive due consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
VoiceGlance is an innovative workforce solution, connecting human potential to the power of business. VoiceGlance serves both large and small organizations across all industry sectors. Given the unpredictable nature of hiring and the rise of web-based applicant tracking systems, job aggregation sites and social networks, we set out to develop a unified and streamlined recruiting platform to identify, recruit and hire your most critical asset high performing employees. Visit voiceglance.com for more information.
CONFIDENTIALITY: We appreciate all expressions of interest, however, as a practical matter, only select candidates whose backgrounds best match our client's requirements will be contacted. All resumes are retained and treated confidentially for consideration against future opportunities.