SAIC is seeking a TACNET Systems Administrator
in Virginia Beach, VA
This role will support the Tactical Networks (TACNET) Capabilities Based In Service Engineering Agent (CB-ISEA). TACNET CB-ISEA supports the sustainment and modernization of Automated Digital Network System (ADNS), Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services (CANES), Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS), Integration Shipboard Networking System (ISNS), Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Networks, Video Information Exchange System (VIXS), and Wireless Reachback System (WRBS) Programs of Record information systems.
Note: The position requires travel, up to 25% of the time to both CONUS and international locations in addition to occasional off-hours support. Also, this role allows for some remote work from home opportunities.
- Interface with Active Duty Military personnel and US Government employees to provide break/fix support to NAVWAR PMW160 fielded Tactical Networks in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Provide system life cycle engineering support for customers at NAVWAR and NIWC-PAC (San Diego, CA) and/or NIWC-LANT (Norfolk, VA).
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of customer requirements
- Provide occasional off-hours support.
- Perform system installations, configuration management enforcement, system sustainment and upgrades, distance support, and emergent Casualty Report (CASREP) support as needed in support of Naval Warfighters.
- Analyze issues in an enterprise LAN shipboard environment to determine the best course of action towards resolution.
- Provide root cause analysis and recommend permanent configuration changes.
- Work in cooperation with external stakeholders, including consultants, agencies and vendors, to troubleshoot intra-system issues, and to assist with system integration design solutions.
- Provide system component break-fix to include, but not limited to, servers, storage arrays, routers, switches, desktops, firewalls, server/switch chassis, etc.
- Interface with US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining Navy Afloat networks and associated components and capabilities.
- Attend and participate in technical meetings, report on technical progress, prepare briefs, and provide presentations.
- Participate in integrated product teams and engineering/design reviews.
Required Education, Clearance and Experience:
- HS/GED and 6 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree 2 years or more years of experience
- Active DoD Secret, Top Secret, or Top Secret-SCI
- Current Security+ , CASP, or CISSP certification
- Ability to obtain OS certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Able to travel up to 25% CONOCONUS
- Server administration experience with Windows/Linux.
- Experience with ADNS, CANES, CENTRIXS, ISNS, SCI Networks, VIXS OR WRBS a plus!
My SAIC Benefits.