Montefiore Medical Center has redefined healthcare. Through our multidisciplinary approach, we are able to provide access to a wide variety of medical specialties for a full range of clinical services, ensuring seamless, coordinated care for our patients. This unique team approach infuses camaraderie among physicians, nurses and other specialty care providers. Our EMR platform, Epic, supports our collaborative, team-oriented environment, which has contributed to our becoming one of the nation's premier healthcare systems. Our Epic team is comprised of over 150 IT professionals focused on streamlining the way we share patient information across clinical providers and business systems users, with the goal of making each patient's experience seamless and patient-centered. The team includes Application and Clinical Analysts, Business Intelligence Analysts, Access and Revenue Cycle Analysts, Credentialed Trainers, Instructional Designers, Software Engineers, and their management. This elite organization takes pride in having completed our initial Epic implementation fully half a year ahead of schedule.
This Team Lead position works in a hands-on role in addition to providing guidance to the Montefiore IT Epic Member Rollout Security & Processes team. Working closely with their manager, the Team Lead is expected to provide business and technical expertise to the Montefiore Epic Member Roll-Out team members and analysts, in the areas of User Security and Provider Master File Management, as well as Data Courier and Release Management. On occasion the Team Lead may be asked to function in the capacity of Product or Project Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Help in planning the work, delegating effectively and following up with staff, to provide support and guidance. Participate in developing and evaluating priorities, resource requirements, necessary participation and scope, and objectives for the team.
- Supply Epic System technical expertise and guidance to manager and team.
- Take part in day-to-day execution of moderate and advanced level technical activities related to the Epic Roll-out.
- Proactively analyze and Identify complex issues or enhancements to existing configurations and processes. Communicate risks to management team. Recommend corrective actions or solutions.
- Ensure the integrity of the Epic electronic health record application by monitoring and administering the release and change management processes.
- Provide high-level customer support and service. Mitigate escalations of client incidents and issues.
- Ensure the presence, appropriateness and accuracy of procedural documentation for the team.
- Attend meetings and participate on committees as required / directed
- Provide status reports to management when required
- Perform other related duties as required
- A minimum of 5 years work experience with Epic User & Security, Provider Modules
- Epic Certification in U&S required, SER badge required, Data Courier certification a plusExperience with full Epic life-cycle and security template builds
- Preferred experience with user, provider and template build during an implementation
- User security / Provider management within various Epic environments
- Experience with SQL and Chronicles and strong knowledge of databases and database structures
- Excellent communication skills
- Project Management experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit:
Non Union Campus:
YONKERS Employment Status:
Regular Full-Time Address:
3 Odell Plaza, YonkersShift:
Day Scheduled Hours:
8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID:
111002 Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.