Job ID: 2204057 Location:
FORT MEADE , MD , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work:
Are you interested in joining SAIC to be part of our partnership providing high quality engineering advisory services, system planning, integration, and architecture to our government intelligence agency customer? Then consider joining the members of the Enterprise Systems Engineering and Architecture team as they aid our customer in collaborating, integrating, and standardizing the engineering approach across the customers enterprise.
We have a current requirement for a highly experienced Chief Systems Engineer in support of their Technical Signals Intelligence (TechSIGINT) Revitalization Effort in the customer's Streaming Solutions Division. The position will be at the customer's Laurel, Maryland complex. The supported organization is the focal point for planning long term technical viability of TechSIGINT programs and related efforts, to include software engineering requirements definition, test software validation and verification processes, and implementation of integration activities to ensure synchronization with larger corporate and TechSIGINT enterprise processes. The selected systems engineer must have familiarity with existing TechSIGINT processes and systems . The selected individual will:
- Provide engineering services necessary to assess the technical viability of TechSIGINT programs and related efforts, to include software engineering requirements definition, test software validation and verification processes, and implementation of integration activities to ensure synchronization with larger corporate and TechSIGINT enterprise processes.
- Create process documentation, migration plans, and program-level Systems Engineering (SE) documents.
- Contribute to the oversight of programs from an SE perspective, participating in the Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), identifying SE areas that need assistance from "above" program SE, reviewing SE documentation and briefings, and reporting status, with issues and resolutions to the Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) and team.
- Provide engineering services in the areas of organizing, and coordinating stakeholders (PM, developers, software development and operational testers) to plan, implement and execute development and sustainment strategies.
- Track development software, system requirements, and planning documentation.
- Guide and oversee the development and implementation of SE processes.
- Analyze architectural efforts for synchronization with corporate and TechSIGINT Enterprise architectures.
- Provide system testing assistance in the development of Test Evaluation and Master Plan (TEMP) and other documentation, plans, and methodologies.
- Document test results for corrective actions, reporting, and audits.
- Analyze test data sets and determine expected test outcomes.
- Provide services to assist Government oversight of the software configuration management process.
- Communicate requirements, work products, progress, and deliverables schedules to senior level civilians and military personnel.
Desired but not required:
- Must have TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline
- At least 20 years of systems engineering experience.
- A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- A Master's degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience.
- In-depth knowledge of TechSIGINT data flows and related applications and tools such as WRANGLER/VACARO, Information Management & Storage (IM&S)
- This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- The ideal candidate would be SIGINT Systems Subject Matter Expert. They should be familiar with the end-to-end system including tasking, collection management, collection operations, processing and dissemination components and processes.
- Knowledge of modernization efforts associated with transition formats (TSDF, ASDF, and BLOODYMARY)
- Familiarity with Corporate Repository interfaces and standards (Event and Content Warehouses and GHOSTMACHINE)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.