Maxonic is looking for a TEST ENGINEER 1 for one of our leading customers in manufacturing Medical Equipments, committed to developing robotic-assisted technologies, tools and services for surgery.
Job Title: " TEST ENGINEER 1 "
Employment Type: Contract
Location: US Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 12 months+
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates.
Benefits offered to our employees include:
Medical Insurance through Cal Choice [Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross]
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Sick Time Off
Job Title: Test Engineer Department:
Product Engineering Reports to: Manager or Sr. Manager, Mechanical Engineering I&A
Primary Function of Position:
- The Product Engineering Test Engineer will help investigate performance, cost, and reliability improvements for Intuitive' s products, and complete the development, documentation, and execution of test protocols to evaluate these improvements.
- The successful candidate will have both the technical depth to understand complex electrical, mechanical, materials and manufacturing design issues and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team to troubleshoot to root cause higher level system issues. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required as well as a commitment to high product quality.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Work in cross-functional project teams to develop and verify modifications to surgical robots, instruments and accessories and related electro-mechanical subassemblies
- Investigate and determine root cause of both latent and emerging design, manufacturing or material defects
- Develop, execute and document test plans and protocols for formal design verification and validation testing according to corporate standard and departmental operating procedures
- Investigate clinical and functional requirements
- Provide test engineering support for resolution of field and manufacturing issues
- Ensure FDA/GMP and ISO compliance through unit testing, peer reviews, and validation of hardware.
- Support the CAPA and CPIP processes and quality/regulatory audits as required Review appropriate manufacturing VRs and NCRs, or engineering changes (ECOs, MCOs, Deviations, etc.) that affect currently shipping products, to assure that product quality is maintained or improved.
- Establish individual goals consistent with overall project goals
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must:
- BSEE or BSME or higher from an accredited university or college
- Proven experience in a fast paced, high transaction environment
- Comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, qualification, and transfer to Manufacturing
- Hands-on engineering with the proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience in test engineering, and/or in a medical device company or other regulated business highly desired.
- Aptitude in Electronic design required.
- Experience in debug of electronic assemblies is a plus.
- Knowledge of C or other high level programming language
- Medical product experience preferred (including knowledge of sterilization and biocompatibility processes and designing for these processes)
- Ability to travel up to 10% time
- A real excitement to learn and get to the bottom of tough technical problems
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products
Interested in Applying?
We'd love to hear from you! Please click apply with your most current resume and anything else you'd like us to know about you. You should also feel free to call Deva ator email me at