Strategy & Operations, Manager, Media
We are looking for a Manager to work in Monitor Deloitte. Our Technology, Media & Telecom practice serves the advertising and marketing organizations and functions of our clients. Deloitte helps these organizations respond to the rapidly shifting market, including bridging traditional and digital distribution channels and leveraging next generation capabilities.
Work you’ll do
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver large complex engagements. These challenges encompass everything from:
· Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content.
· Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors.
· Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process.
· Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thought-ware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals.
· People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities.
· Helping clients increase revenues, decrease costs, accelerate cash flow, and improve margin and operational workflows.
As a part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Strategy & Operations Managers offer insightful recommendations and data-fueled strategies to help our clients address some of their most complex business issues. We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the application of technology, strategy, and process improvement. We tackle our clients’ organizational strategy, financial management, supply management, innovation, and growth issues and help to enhance their business performance, productivity, and long-term profitability. Join us, and play a key role in designing our clients’ roadmap to the future. Learn more about our Strategy & Operations practice .
Organizations need to grow with confidence in a world where the pace of change is rapid and sometimes unexpected. At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our consultants use cutting-edge expertise embedded with deep industry knowledge to help our clients act nimbly and decisively, driving enterprise value. Learn more about Monitor Deloitte .
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
· 6+ years of professional experience, or a mix of a few years’ industry experience.
- Consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles
· Deep knowledge of advertising marketing space, including knowledge of linear and digital advertising publishers and marketing companies / ad buyers
· TV, print or other traditional advertising or media experience at a publisher, advertiser, agency or corporate
· Advanced knowledge of TV and digital video advertising strategies, advertising operating models and workflow integration / optimization, inventory forecasting and sales and pricing optimization, and enabling data and technology
· Display, search, mobile or other digital ad formats experience at publisher, advertiser, agency or corporate
· Knowledge of next generation technologies and analytics, e.g., cognitive automation, artificial intelligence, predictive analytics
· Experience working independently and leading teams focused on specific work streams of large projects.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
· Advanced Degree
· Demonstrated interpersonal, team-building and communication skills.
- Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte’s consulting offices
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
The Systems Development Practice delivers and deploys custom developed applications for our clients, including prototyping, code development, modularization, unit testing, performance testing, configuration and defect management, and production deployment.
Technology, Media & Telecommunications
Deloitte Consulting's Technology, Media & Telecommunications group is composed of service professionals who have a wealth of experience serving technology, media and telecommunications companies in areas including software, semiconductors, cable, media and publishing, communication utilities, networking, wireless, computers and peripherals and related industries. These specialists understand the challenges that these companies face throughout all stages of their business growth cycle and are committed to helping them succeed. Deloitte Consulting is a leader in providing strategic, financial, operational and information technology assistance to our technology, media and telecommunications clients. Whether it's counseling on new business models, tending the top and bottom lines through new revenue streams and cost reduction, protecting intellectual rights, or managing risk, we have the scale and diversity of experience to help clients succeed.
Essential functions of a Manager at Deloitte Consulting:
A Manager at Deloitte is expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Delivery : Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies. Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
Managers in the System Development practice are required to have:
- 8 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing large technology engagements
- Minimum of 4 full system development life cycle implementations
- At least 4 years of experience with business process analysis, mapping, and design
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in requirements analysis and performing current state system analysis
- At least 4 years of experience with application architecture and solution development with JEE(J2EE) or .NET
- Minimum of 4 years experience performing conceptual and technical designs, including the use of object oriented analysis and design techniques
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
A TMT Manager will also need to have experience in one of the following areas:
Technology Expertise in Video Production & Post-Production :
- 4 + years of knowledge of video editing for premium content, i.e., Movies or Television Programming
- 4 + years of deep technical experience with the non-linear video post-production process, e.g., laying-in audio, inserting closed-captioning, and related post-production activities
Technology Expertise in Video Asset Management:
- 4 + Years of experience with digital asset management (DAM) workflow or software solutions. Applications like, e.g., OpenText's Artesia, VizRT's Ardendo, or Vfinity
- 4 + years Experience with digital archival solutions. Applications like, e.g., Front Porch Digital's Divas
- 4 + years of metadata tagging and video metadata standards
Technology Expertise in Video Transformation & Delivery:
- Knowledge of video editing for premium content, i.e., Movies or Television Programming
- 4 + years of experience with encoding and transcoding digital video assets or experience with similar applications, e.g., AnyStream, Rhozet
- Familiarity with digital video formats and codecs, e.g., MPEG-2, MPEG-4, or similar
- 4 + years of experience distributing digital video assets to either linear or digital (online & mobile) platforms. Applications or services like, e.g., ClearLeap (Linear) or ThePlatform (Digital)
- Knowledge of AVID or FinalCutPro
Technology Expertise in Online & Linear Digital Video Ad Insertion :
- 4 years of experience flighting and managing online video advertising campaigns
- 4 years of application experience with DoubleClick Motif, Atlas Online Video Ad Server, LightningCast, FreeWheel.tv, or similar
- Familiarity with linear television traffic and advertising insertion systems, e.g, Harris' Paradigm, or similar
- 4 years of experience with managing the invoicing and reconciliation process
Technology Expertise in Digital Rights Management & Licensing :
- 4 + years of experience with Digital Rights Management (DRM) technologies for digital video assets, including encryption and licensing
- 4 + years of experience with royalty and licensing applications, e.g., Real Software Systems, Sophoi IP Licensing Suite
Technology expertise in Digital Video Retail or VOD:
- 4 + years of experience with managing digital video asset content catalogues
- 4 + years of experience in Merchandising digital video assets for subscription or one-off purchase
- 4 + years of processing or managing invoicing, revenue shares or similar
In addition, successful Managers will have the following preferred background:
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- A Bachelor's Degree
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100. About Deloitte
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.