Location: New York City
Duration: Full-Time onsite positions (no contracts, no corp to corp, no remote)
Salary: Excellent Compensation with benefits + Interview Travel + relocation
VISA: Visa transfer candidates will be considered.
An Extremely well funded company with a startup environment wants to hire a hands-on, lead from the front Tech Lead who will have a fast track to Engineering Manager.
What they're looking for:
- Technical leadership - You not only lead by example by building great software and systems, but inspire and push the team around you to do so by helping to mentor them to make the best technical decisions and write high quality code.
- Craftsmanship - You care about writing well-structured code and building great software. You understand the trade-offs when we have to move faster, but you prioritize writing clean code with the right abstractions.
- Full Stack - Comfortable moving up and down the stack. It matters less that you know the exact frameworks and tools that we use, but more that you are willing and able to learn.
- Product thinking - The ability to think about what we re building from the customer point of view. To build the best products, the engineering team must empathize and build products with the customer in mind.
As a perfect candidate, you must have the following:
- Experience building a world-class web or mobile application at scale
- 5+ years in a full-stack production environment (Django, Rails, or Node)
- Mentored, Lead or Managed at least 2 to 3 engineers
- Experience with React and a backend MVC framework
- Experience scaling a web application not just with number of users but also contributors to the codebase and feature set / surface area
- Experience breaking out services from a monolith is a big plus
- Experience building an application with different user types that are closely networked is a plus
- Built high reliability and robust systems at scale with strong monitoring and alerting
- Experience leading key technical decisions and stuck around to deal with the consequences
- Worked in an environment with fast iteration cycles, ideally with continuous integration
- Ability to rapidly prototype and knowing when to evolve prototypes to a production-ready state
- Refactoring Code
- Dom Manipulation
MOST CRITICAL POINTS ARE:
- React Experience
- MVC Framework Experience
- Startups Experience
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 5+ to 7 years experience
- TECH STACK - Django, GraphQL, React on FE
- iOS, Swift
- Data processing, Scala, runs on Spark, loads data into Kafka, and ElasticSearch
- This team has a Team size of 12
- You will be the lead over Web devs, mobile Devs (mobile devs Will self manage)
- Need a Fullstack, backend heavy engineer/lead, who knows DB infrastructure, AWS.
- Startup DNA type environment
- This role is a fast track for Management, they will be promoting this role to Manager in the short to medium term
- Scaling Web Applications
- Someone who understand big moving web application.
- Rails or Node or Django heavy backend experience
- Some experience with React required.
Please click the Apply Now button below to send your resume.