STRATEGIC ANALYST – Medicare/Medicaid, ACA
ALTA IT Services has a contract to hire opening for a Strategic Analyst with Medicare/Medicaid and/or ACA experience, to support a respected health insurance company. An understanding of budgets/finance in highly regulated federal environments is required.
Work is 100% remote during COVID-19 safety measures; with intended return to onsite work in Owings Mills, MD – once pandemic conditions have passed.
This position is responsible for providing overall consulting services to the Consumer Government Programs team and leadership of a major health insurance company to drive business integration of highly regulated Medicare and Medicaid product lines across a matrixed operational and shared services platform. Focused on developing growth- and innovation-oriented strategies for the Consumer Government Programs division. This includes working with company leadership across all lines of business, developing value-oriented strategies to guide transformation of the Medicare and Medicaid product experience for members and communities. This position will often interact with senior and executive leadership.
Continuous Improvement & Consulting Services
- Maintain a deep understanding and stewardship of the corporate mission, vision, 3-year Consumer Gov't Programs (Medicare and Medicaid) division strategies and 1-year division operating plans. Champion the corporate vision, 3-year strategy, and 1-year operating plan throughout the company as it relates to Medicare and Medicaid.
- Support business integration of highly regulated Consumer Government product lines across a matrixed operational platform, in both organic and inorganic growth opportunities.
- Through continuous performance analysis and a deep understanding of the Medicare and Medicaid product segments, internal and external influences, identify areas that need to be addressed. Work with cross-functional leadership to develop and recommend mid-course corrective actions or new strategies to address performance issues or changes in the external environment.
- On an ongoing basis, conduct detailed analysis of Medicare and Medicaid product and segment results using internal corporate data as well as external sources
- Works with matrixed management and associates throughout Corporate (e.g. Health Services, Finance, Legal, Operations, etc.) in order to identify performance issues and communicate best practices. Ensures that performance issues are being addressed through remedial action plans.
- Identify, track, and analyze changing marketplace dynamics in the Medicare and Medicaid healthcare industry and the risks and opportunities they represent for our existing and potential business.
- Support the needs of Executive Staff, Government Programs, Strategic Planning, Marketing, Sales, and other corporate departments in providing input to matrixed business relationships that support the Medicare and Medicaid product lines.
- Serve in an advisory capacity to all levels of management, responding to strategic issues, tactical initiatives, opportunities and associated problems, challenges and risks.
- Design work plans, conducting targeted research, collecting data from various internal and external sources. Use strong analytical and critical thinking skills and apply them to emerging trends, expansion opportunities, competitive threats, and internal matrixed business process improvement needs/capabilities assessment. Use solid problem-solving skills to transform ideas into action. Understand stakeholder needs, formulate solutions and present findings effectively. Craft storylines that clearly articulate findings, insights and recommendations.
- Proactively identify and resolve time sensitive project risks, issues, interdependencies, and conflicts, both within and across business units and initiatives in a matrixed environment and coordinate implementation. Effectively build relationships and influence people to get things done.
- Apply highly developed organizational skills to quickly adjust priorities and work in a complex environment. Proactively self-start, absorb information quickly, multi-task, and independently execute work from start to finish.
- Act as primary point of contact with Government Affairs and Public Policy to track the status of regulatory and sub-regulatory actions impacting the Medicare and Medicaid lines of business.
- Facilitate cross-functional partnerships across the organization to drive delivery; serve as spokesperson and representative for the business (e.g., support education of business objectives, drive structure, and work behind the scenes to obtain alignment, proactively anticipate issues, and foster communications across teams)
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience required.
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience with increasing levels of responsibility in a matrixed environment, , or payer/provider organizations
- Experience in government programs health care segment, including Medicare, Medicaid and/or ACA.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility with executives and senior management.
- Proven experience in leading meetings comprised of multi-disciplinary teams of management and associates at all levels to drive towards consensus and action.
- Strategic agility, structured thinking, and intellectual curiosity.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to organically offer perspectives and insights.
- Understand stakeholder needs, formulate solutions, and present findings effectively. Active listening skills and ability to deliver high-quality, impactful verbal and written presentation and communications. Aptitude for paying close attention to details.
- Solid problem-solving skills. Ability to frame and articulate concepts, thoughts, approaches and ideas into storyboards, visual graphics and layouts that resonate at the executive level.
- Capacity to build strong relationships and achieve results through demonstrating strong interpersonal skills that help drive, inspire and influence collaboration.
- Ability to work closely across departments and reporting chains.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and perform in a high-pressure environment, with excellent organizational, time management, oral and written communication, and project management skills.
- Adaptability to changing business objectives and constraints
- Proven track record of collaboration and influence in a matrixed environment. Strong sense of urgency with the ability to “get things done” across matrixed organization
- Proactively self-start, absorb information quickly, multi-task and independently execute work from start to finish.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and the full suite of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and translate complex concepts into actionable insights.
- Self-starter, comfortable taking initiative.
HOURLY RATE during contract: $35/Hr. range W2, Benefits available
CONVERSION SALARY RANGE: $75,000 to $80,000 range, with excellent benefits
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via
ALTA IT Services, is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, specializing in Agile Transformation Services, Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, and Data & Advanced Analytics. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.