Maximus is looking for a Remote Tableau Administrator will maintain the Tableau Enterprise Server as well as the Tableau desktop software. This individual will be required to work with both business and IT areas to ensure Tableau is performing efficiently, can connect to all required data sources and to develop solutions from design through implementation
As a federal contractor, Maximus is subject to Executive Order 14042 and the Safe Workforce Task Force's COVID-19 Workplace Safety Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors. In light of these requirements, all employees will eventually need to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment and new hires/employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination
#dice Job Description Summary
The Tableau Administrator will maintain the Tableau Enterprise Server as well as the Tableau desktop software. This individual will be required to work with both business and IT areas to ensure Tableau is performing efficiently, can connect to all required data sources and to develop solutions from design through implementation. The Tableau team is looking for an individual with a high aptitude to learn new technologies quickly. The Tableau administrator will also be responsible for applying periodic upgrades and patching to keep the platform current.
This position is responsible for Tableau administration as well as technical and developer support of the centralized infrastructure technologies. Job Summary Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work to collect requirements from the diverse customer base, perform the appropriate analysis, develop the strategic roadmap, and all associated documentation.
- Create training material(s) to provide to the customer on all solutions implemented.
- Create standard operating procedures on all solutions implemented.
- Research, evaluate and remain current on emerging tools, techniques and IT technologies.
- Work closely with client to perform technical and requirements analysis.
- Document response and resolution processes for team compliance; develop training content to educate junior staff.
- Perform system analysis and create reports to display trends and overall statistics based on correlated security incidents and event data to produce monthly exception and management reports
- Provide guidance and leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
- Act as a primary interface to business users for high level IT support issues.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and/or escalate software, hardware, security, and network issues.
- Extend personal capabilities through local training, reading, and technical project work.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Minimum 8-10 years of directly related experience in the following areas:
- Various technical disciplines including but not limited to security, server administration, active directory, group policy, firewalls, load balancing, switching and routing.-
- Virtual tools and infrastructure
- Network support and communications troubleshooting
- Enterprise network tool management and configuration
- Customer issue resolution and support
- Professional verbal and written communication skills required, capable of contributing to Knowledge Management
- Ability to react to dynamic industry and rapid changes in information technology
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience supporting large enterprise IT environments
- Experience creating, modifying, and following standard procedural documents
- Knowledge of the Cherwell Service Management platform desired
- Ability to work off-shift hours and conduct senior-level on-call duties when required Education and Experience Requirements
Tableau Administration Functions:
- Designs, leads, and manages Tableau Server environment
- Performs new user setup duties
- Responds to Service Desk requests and problems
- Performs necessary capacity planning and tracks usage metrics
Tableau Infrastructure Management:
- Plans and applies technology upgrades
- Performs necessary capacity planning to ensure peak readiness
- Makes modifications to infrastructure deployment architecture where appropriate
- Maintains overall disaster recovery plans and participates in recovery drills
- Cross-trains in other related technologies
- Design, develop, and test Tableau solutions for business customer needs
- Provides Tableau visualization support for Data team platform and performance monitoring
- Assists users with various inquiries related to Tableau development and server performance issues
- Provides consulting, guidance and mentoring to business areas using Tableau to support their processes
- Maintains best-practices, standards, and procedures documentation
Tableau Production Support:
- Performs on-call routines to support the Tableau environment
- Responds to Service Desk incidents
- Aids in troubleshooting issues with Tableau users
- Researches and resolves production support issues, as needed
Other Helpful Education or Experience:
- 7+ years overall IT experience
- 3+ years Tableau Administration with a clustered high availability architecture
- 3+ years of Tableau Visualization experience
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to lead system and application upgrades
- The ability to provide clear communication to senior management on issue identification and resolution
- Willingness to learn new technologies at an accelerated pace
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with TSL 1.2, Web Certificates, Active Directory and SAML
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience with Cloudera Impala
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Experience working on Federal Contracts/Systems
- Experience with developing BSD's, TSD, and test plans
- Good working knowledge and experience of IT and Application Development technologies and SDLC practices
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- A tolerance for change and desire to keep up with latest technology advancements
- Aptitude for picking up new skills in new technologies
- A willingness to be on-call
- Ability to conduct research and resolve complex issues
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision within a team environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task across multiple assignments
- Must reside in the U.S.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must not be delinquent or in default on any federal student loans
- Employment and continued employment are contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable clearance. Final suitability determination is the sole discretion of the Department of Education.
#DICE MAXIMUS Introduction
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com. EEO Statement
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.