Sr. Talend Lead
Remote with some onsite requirements
6 month + extension
Our client is looking for a Sr. Talend Lead to work as part of their Global Application Organization practice on Talend ETL/ESB development, support and enhancement. This person must have extensive knowledge in Talend ETL, EAI implementation & Implementation of Talend ESB functionalities and Custom development. This person will need to demonstrate an understanding of software engineering concepts and be responsible for working on full lifecycle engineering efforts using Agile methodologies, object-oriented design, and accepted design patterns and practices. This candidate must have experience as a solution lead to manage multiple solutions. This person will be working collaboratively with client and project teams as well as working from proposal development to deployment and support.
Areas of responsibility:
- Analyze, design, implement and maintain Talend applications
- Advanced ETL and EAI development using Talend Big data platform
- Be a senior technical player on complex ETL and EAI development projects with multiple team members
- Develop relevant functional and technical documentation.
- Lead, design and develop Talend solutions using different architecture, design and modeling techniques
- Work with business users to translate requirements into system flows, data flows, data mappings etc., and develop solutions to complex business problems.
- Lead the creation of all design review artifacts during project design phase, facilitate design reviews, capture review feedback and schedule additional detailed design sessions as necessary.
- Interact with Release Management, Configuration Management, Quality Assurance, Architecture Support Database Support, other Development teams and Operations as required
- Lead and contribute to all phases of the software development life cycle for Enterprise Data applications including current production and any future applications
- Create and enhance administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task to meet critical deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) and maintain updated ticketing for events, incidents, requests, changes, problems, etc.
- Proactively engage on continuous improvement efforts for application design, support, and practice development efforts.
- Provide technical assistance and end user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and how-to assistance.
- Act as a point of escalation for support team and Project Team ticketing for advanced issue resolution.
- Minimum 7+ experience in Design, Development
- Bachelor s degree required - Computer Science, MIS or equivalent
- Certified in Talend Enterprise Big Data 5.x/Talend Enterprise Data Integration 5.x Experience designing and delivering complex, large-volume data warehouse applications Experience in reading and transforming complex XMLs, Flat file formats (For ex: csv, delimited, ), DB look ups.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a hard-core Talend Developer
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Talend ESB layer
- Minimum 4+ years of Talend ESB experience/Talend Cloud API Services Platform
- 3+years of experience with Talend Open Studio for ESB on version 6.x
- 5+ years of experience with Solution design
- 5+ years of experience with markup languages (JSON, XML, YAML)
- 4+ years of experience in Messaging Middleware ActiveMQ on message queue and topics. Experience with Pub/Sub model and event driven processes.
- 4+ years of experience with RESTful API, Restful web services, SOAP API
- Experience with Global/local config/Property/Context files Promotion/Deployment pipelines and tasks Code promotion Deploy/undeployed Talend routes Experience with TMC (Talend Management Console)
- Experience in Configure and manage CI/CD using git/Bitbucket and Talend Non-production environment builds and services for Talend Scheduling and Deployment using TAC Security and access controls Ensuring backups and restoration of Talend repositories.
- Experience in Data Mapper perspective
- Minimum data modeling experience
- Solid and professional communications skills, both verbal and written
- Unix familiarity and shell scripting experience
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Job scheduling experience is required
- Strong experience in Data Quality, Source Systems Analysis, Business Rules Validation, Source Target Mapping Design, Performance Tuning and High-Volume Data Loads.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to resolve problems are desired.
- Must be familiar with a project s complete life cycle implementation of at least 1 to 2 projects.
- A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based support environment
- Must demonstrate a willingness to put in the extra effort (extended work hours, participate in events outside of standard working hours)
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without limitation