At QBE, we are always looking to connect with top talent - for current vacancies as well as for future opportunities. It is our aim to continuously build a strong candidate pipeline across all of our businesses and key locations in North America. Post submitting your interest to this specific hiring profile, our Recruitment Team will review your credentials and areas of expertise. Should there be a current or prospective opportunity that is commensurate with your career experience, we will contact you for an exploratory discussion. We appreciate your consideration of QBE as an employer of choice.
Build a modern data environment focused on delivering information to the business and leveraging sound governance, tools, and technology. Partner with business stakeholders and IT while serving as a trusted advisor on new trends and best practices for data management within the Insurance industry.Primary Responsibilities
• Drive design and implementation of an ongoing data management operating model
• Communicate business data ownership concepts to senior level executives and other key stakeholders
• Translate industry agnostic concepts into meaningful dialog and decisions with executives
• Use judgment to determine strategy, architecture and designing solutions while seeking guidance on complex problems
• Adapt existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to complex problems
• Understand and define the strategic direction set by executive leadership as it relates to corporate goals
• Provide industry point of view and recommendations on how the business can transition to future state solutions
• Provide technology-enabled solutions complex business problems
• Lead key data initiatives and data platform build to enable operational and analytic data capabilities
• Oversee cross-functional data governance while simultaneously ensuring adoption and adherence to data quality enterprise wide
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
10+ years relevant experience
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to operate independently with in complex client environments.
• Use multiple resources to gather and analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems
• Clearly and confidently convey information to a wide audience
• Build long-term collaborative working relationships with senior managers
• Exceptional ability to partner with senior business and IT leaders to serve as a subject matter expert and liaison for successful collaboration
• Anticipate future consequences and trends and apply them to work
• Use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• 10 years of Data Management / P&C Insurance industry experience with hands on experience across multiple disciplines from the following: knowledge of insurance propositions, products, services, channels, functions, and processes; business information delivery, supporting analytics and / or operational excellence; data governance; master data management; data quality, data controls; data lineage; data health/maturity assessments; data modeling
• Experience implementing data systems and governance; participated in multiple data systems and governance implementations, with specific experience in data management operating model design and implementation
• Large scale program management experience, including understanding business needs and translating into capability requirements; establishing business priorities and related scope definition; identifying and managing issues; project economics and business case development; change management
• Basic knowledge of technical/IT data governance
• Advanced working knowledge of operational efficiency principles and best practices
• Advanced knowledge of data management/governance processes and tools with successful business applications
• Advanced ability to implement pragmatic, impactful data standards and quality programs with effective business adoption
• Broad knowledge of insurance industry operations
QBE Cultural DNA
Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:-We are customer-centred-We are technical experts-We are diverse-We are fast-paced-We are courageous-We are accountable-We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE's Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only - Travel Frequency
Occasional (approximately 5-10 trips annually)
US Only - Physical Demands
General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.
US Only - Disclaimer
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee's normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
Number of Openings:
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.