A Top Financial Services Firm in Stamford, CT. is looking for a full-time, permanent, employee for a Team Data Analytics Lead/Sr. Technical Developer for their Data Analytics Team.
This position is open to 2 days working from home and 3 days in the office (after the pandemic is over).
A “TRUE” 9-5 QUALITY OF LIFE JOB”
NO H-1'S WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. ONLY ====S AND ====S.
THE FIRM WOULD RELOCATE THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
Role : Team Lead & New Tech Developer
Reports to : Data Analytics Tech Lead
Location : Stamford with occasional overseas travel
Type : Permanent
Role Purpose You will help teams globally make better decisions faster as you help the DA Tech team deliver innovative enterprise grade tools and data artifacts by
- Help lead the delivery of others
- delivering primarily in your area of expertise, namely R, Python, Tableau (“back end development”) & leveraging Metadata Management.
- Help the Tech team deliver tech developments (meaning all of applications & infrastructure & operating approaches) by stimulating & ensuring multi-disciplinary tech teams to
- Work cohesively to leverage the power of their differences & have fun doing so
- Effectively elicit & specify technical requirements
- Provide solution options to the Tech Lead including pros/cons/specifications for each
- Work closely with Product Owners to design and right-size Tech epics, features, and user stories, and prioritize the tasks
- Surface & effectively handle project tech risks
- Deliver efficiently, to specification & on-time
- Follow Project Management & DA Tech best practices
- Play your part in delivery of enterprise grade solutions including:-
- Delivering R applications & owning continual enhancement of R best practise
- Ensuring Self Service BI Tableau dashboards developed primarily by others are performant, permissioned & readily scalable & extensible enterprise wide
- Advising pros/cons of using R vs Python depending on requirements
- Leveraging metadata management tools to make applications extensible enterprise wide & semi-automate data validation/cleaning in a high performance multidisciplinary agile team who delight in the impact they make and have fun doing it.
- Good Tableau Back End Capability including:-
- Understands Tableau development, associated pipeline & Dev/Data Ops best practices
- Skilled at Tableau performance monitoring & issue root cause identification
- Appreciates when R or Python is the optimal solution & can articulate the pros/cons of each vs each other and SQL
- Robust R development skills including:-
- Proficient in main relevant packages
- Writes excellent code & can refactor that of others and coach them to a higher level
- Recognises & plans for NFR’s, especially performance, in conjunction with solution and data architects when designing an R application
- Applies sensible strategies to manage the ongoing evolution of R Base & packages
- Understands how best to leverage different metadata management tools to:-
- make applications efficiently & performantly extensible enterprise wide
- semi-automate data validation/cleaning
- Knows how to work effectively within a Dev & Data Ops environment including Agile testing.
- Able & willing to identify when greater expertise is required & can effectively & efficiently source such
- Skilled at communicating with colleagues with different skillsets & experience, able to quickly align understanding & agree optimal approaches
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, and influencing skills, including the ability to influence when there is no direct reporting relationship
- Inspires resources with limited time to get the work done and stay on track
- Effective at managing teams split across multiple time zone sites & cultures
- Able to lead a team of consultants to scale delivery as required
- Excellent time management
- Effectively navigates complex and ambiguous situations
- Anticipates challenges & think creatively with teammates to meet them
- Identifies winning emergent technologies, upskills to these & takes the organisation with them
- Proactively sees things through from start to finish, taking ownership and delivers results
- Displays a thoughtful, pragmatic, agile and commercial approach to development.
- Enjoys & skilled at working in Agile teams, showing flexibility in the role they play to help the team succeed and a willingness to share knowledge
- Cares about and takes pride in the Team’s delivery, value add & customer experience.
- Willing to “get their hands dirty” to get the job done
- Is ambitious and wants to make a difference.
- Very good bachelor’s degree in IT related field, or equivalent technical education in directly related area
- 7 plus years of commercial experience with at least a total of 5 years related to usage of Tableau, R, Python & Meta Data Management tools.
- 3 years within regulated financial institutions a strong plus
- Prior data analytics experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Insurance and Reinsurance is a plus