As the UX Team Lead at UWM you will work in a fast paced, results driven development shop working across a suite of enterprise applications to deliver a quality user experience for both internal and external clients. Your Team, provides strategic and tactical support across the Enterprise on all application development efforts and is an integral part of the development life cycle.
We are looking for top-level User Experience design skills in addition to exemplary communication and leadership skills. You should be able to mentor and inspire team members to continue their growth both technically and professionally.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOURequired:
- Lead a growing team of UX Designers to deliver quality solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Mentor direct reports and others on UX Design
- Guide career development and growth for direct reports
- Meet with clients and product owners to understand the problems they face, and propose solutions for the ideal user experience to meet the business need
- Assist with requirements gathering, then create process flows and/or wire-frames to capture them
- Research new technologies and methods to continuously improve our applications
- 2+ years of experience leading high-performing teams of developers/technical resources
- Highly knowledgeable about Web Standards & Web Accessibility
- Excellent communication skills
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Axure
- Experience with Angular 2/4 development or other SPA architectures
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning work place packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age , sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
It's no wonder that of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental , vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our l arge, state-of-the-art fitness center , including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- I ndoor/outdoor caf with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities!