Why you'll love this job:
Being a member of the Enterprise Production Services team means you will be part of a diverse and collaborative team with critical responsibilities to protect the financial services industry and serve our clients, both internally and externally. As the Director of IT and lead for the Major Incident Management (MIM) and Event Management teams, you will play a critical role in the rollout and operationalization of the newly formed Virtual Command Center (VCC). The VCC reimagines IT Operations with a focus on automation, incident response and prevention and client service.
You and your teams will drive the resolution of issues across all enterprise technologies, by facilitating investigations, watch parties and major incident triage to maintain service levels (SLAs). You will also lead root cause analysis efforts to ensure resolver teams quickly identify actions to prevent future events and client impact.
The candidate must have good communication skills with the ability to articulate problems, solutions and actions through concise and clear messaging and have demonstrated the ability to assess sophisticated issues and structure potential solutions to drive resolution with senior partners.
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. ** Talents Needed for Success:
- Lead global 24x7 support teams that use ServiceNow for engagement of critical partners and support staff to minimize the impact of service disruption to client / regulators
- Leading, driving, facilitating and chairing postmortem investigation activities to identify lessons learned and root cause
- Collaborating with Support, Operations and the business to identify action plans with specific actions, to permanently resolve service disruptions
- Matrix management of people, processes and resources to reduce time taken to resolve Major Incidents - including resolving conflict to move forward to resolution
- Continually maintaining and identify Tools & Processes to enable the organization's ability to prevent and respond to major incidents
- Provide major incident metrics reports
- Ensure Information Technology response to service disruptions alignment to Regulatory requirements
- Maintain and continually enhance ServiceNow Event & Alert rule framework to successfully gather Events \"state change\" and route to the correct Alert Dashboard for action
- Work with development & infrastructure teams on standard methodologies for error logging and ensuring associated actions vital to resolve Alert
- Drive Alert noise reduction initiatives to enable Support teams to focus on critical meaningful alerts
- Define and implement CSF / KPI for Alerts and Major Incidents to provide visibility to achieving firm goals
- Work with Audit and Risk to ensure Event and Major Incident policy and procedure controls well defined and adhered too
- Work with Support teams to define and implement solutions for automating repetitive Alerts
- Lead Major Incident Management Process which include:
- Driving Major Incidents to speedy resolution
- Matching incidents against Changes and Known workaround
- Running Cyber and Regulatory response
- Prioritizing incidents in terms of impact and urgency
- Raising incidents to other teams as necessary to ensure timely resolution
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience, IT delivery and / or support.
- Consistent track record for 5 years in management role with experience handling major incidents and leading crisis events
- Good communication skills and ability to meet with clients, present to senior management and provide updates to regulators / supervisors
- Ability to work across teams to create partnerships that achieve organization goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle management & Agile
- Familiarity with Enterprise Infrastructure design standards for modular, secure and resilient applications to drive root cause analysis across the breadth of the enterprise
- Knowledge and Familiarity with AWS & Microsoft O365, ServiceNow, ITSM
- Identify and implement efficiencies and improvements to IT Service Management standard processes and procedures
- Experience working with Excel or other analysis tools to complete analysis of historical incidents, alerts, problems to identify hotspots
- Experience initiating Continuous Improvement Projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About UsAbout DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
The IT Governance and Assurance Department focus on advancing organizational goals through the effective and efficient use of IT, by ensuring IT has the necessary capabilities and controls to enhance the stability of DTCC products. The department will also be responsible for maturing core IT business management and governance capabilities.