Team Lead Software Engineering **Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Why You'll Love This Job:
Being a member of IT Architecture and Enterprise Services group, you will join the Client Interfaces group within Messaging, Middleware and Marketplace (M3) domain at DTCC, who is responsible for designing, developing and supporting foundational capabilities that are needed to build an end to end business application. The Director level incumbent will work closely with M3 leadership team to set the strategies, priorities and the roadmap for frame works/platforms to support modernization efforts of SIFMU/Institutional Trade Processing applications. This position has extensive people, project, delivery and methodology responsibilities. It is a high-visibility position with frequent and in-depth interactions with multiple internal and external partners. You are encouraged to quickly achieve a comprehensive understanding of the DTCC's businesses and be able to apply industry standard methodologies to DTCC's business context. You possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to translate sophisticated business processes and technical designs and concerns into easy to understand language. Your Responsibilities:
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. ** Talents Needed for Success:
- Timely execution of IT strategies with high quality standards and a drive to shore up adoption for foundational platforms/frame works.
- Understand risks and plan for mitigation during execution
- Guide team towards a highly scalable, resilient, secure and modular application development.
- Compliance with industry wide organizational change and release management processes
- Proficient with enterprise standards, policies, regulatory and compliance related items
- Inclusive Leadership: Values individuals and embraces diversity by integrating differences and promoting diversity and inclusion across teams and functions.
- Critical Thinking: Optimally translates the vision into specific business objectives, thinks of different ways to do things and through all angles to provide insights and develop strategies that guide future decisions.
- Organizational Savvy: Understands DTCC's products and service offerings, as well as key partners, and demonstrates the ability to form and cultivate internal networks that will help navigate getting things done.
- Leading Change: Embraces and adapts well to changing circumstances, identifies areas of vital change and employs many methods to drive those activities to meet organizational goals.
- Financial Acuity: Understands business financials and has the ability to work with sophisticated data and information and adopts practical and workable approaches.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience, IT delivery.
- Proven track record for 5 years in management role within finance industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, ability to communicate technology concepts to IT as well as Business Management
- Prior team management experience is required
- Expertise in Java/J2EE, SQL HTML, CSS, REST, Spring, IBM MQ, Cloud computing (AWS)
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD processes and tools/technologies
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle management
- Familiarity with IT architecture standards for modular, secure and resilient applications
- Familiarity with current and new technologies
- Track Record Experience in developing web applications, web services, Java enterprise applications, and messaging applications
- Architecture Experience of API, SOA and RESTful Web Services concepts
- Knowledge and Familiarity with Cloud computing concepts and IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- In-Depth Knowledge and Familiarity with Cloud and AWS Services - VPC, EC2, Route 53, API Gateway, Elastic Load Balancing, IAM, Lambda, BeanStalk, ElastiCache, S3, EBS, RDS, DynamoDB, DAX, PostgreSQL, CLI
- Knowledge and Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps concepts and tools, GIT/Bitbucket, Nexus, Jenkins, CloudBees, Maven, Junit, JMeter, Mockito, FindBugs, JIRA
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About UsAbout DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
IT Architecture and Enterprise Services are responsible for enabling digital transformation of DTCC. The group manages complexity of the technology landscape within DTCC and enhances agility, robustness and security of the technology footprint. It does so by serving as the focal point for all technology architectural activities in the organization as well as engineering a portfolio of foundational technology assets to enable our digital transformation.