Team Lead for both lab and production systems needed in Rensselaer / Albany NY fulltime 80,000-90,000
Must pass criminal and drug screen
40 hour work week but will be on call
We re looking for someone with a strong background in Manufacturing and a technical understanding (preferably experience), but more so, someone who understands how to manage and deliver a 10 person, international service to a client.
- The Team Lead Lab Computing Analyst provides technical expertise to the client s global team and supporting the Principle Lead Computing Analyst.
- The roles primary task is to support the local Lab Computing engineers and provide ongoing development of their technical skills over time.
- In addition, the candidate will be supplying Laboratory IT support services as required.
- This role works seamlessly with and supports the other practices and divisions within the lab computing environment.
Goals for the Team Lead:
- Manage 10 person team in a Manufacturing environment shift schedule for 24/7 multi country service
- Run reports
- Project management
- Meet strict deadlines
- Strong experience with regulations )this is a must)
- Manage the KT and onboard support for a Finite Scheduling system
- Run a metrics and reporting model to demonstrate team efficiency and productivity
- Manage the a 10 person, international team on a day to day basis'
- Technical support contact for the client and the PKI LC (Lab Computing) team.
- Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer environments, typically integrated with instrumentation
- Implements and manages customer specified procedures and processes across the LC Practice
- Provides technical Subject Matter Expertise for new system validations and change management efforts
- Acts as Liaison for software/hardware related inquiries
- Escalates issues that are not resolved via regularly identified support channels.
- Acts as an interface between client, business and corporate teams.
- Conducts daily ticket scrum meetings with the global team
- Monitors Ticket Queues to assure of 95% SLA
- Supply LC technical expertise as required.
- Work collaboratively with the Site Lead and the Practice Manager to change and or implement new policies and procedures.
- Manages small LC projects
- Assures team s adherence to the clients and PKI s LC policies and procedures.
- Attend the client meetings as the PKI LC technical liaison
- Assist and support other PKI practices and divisions as required.
- On-board and training new hires to assure that the process is expedited and managed.
- Monitor Ticket Queues and the LC team s productivity, load balance and distribute tasks as necessary.
- Assure that the inventory is updated and maintained to the PKI and Client expectations.
- Maintains and Tracks LC Team device access and related client training.
- Provide and coordinate GMP and compliance services.
- Audit support and resource coordination.
- Ensures team has sufficient staff to provide service continuity.
- Is available via phone for issue escalation 24/7.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Life Science or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience including (but not limited to); Windows technologies, networking, remote computing and backup systems
- Experience with virtual machine support
- Experience with scientific instrumentation
- Experience with regulations and regulated environments is a must
- Gxp EXP or similar manufacturing background