Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. About Citi
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citis Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients and the publics trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Information Services Group (ISG) is responsible for providing authoritative sources of reference data to our clients across Citigroups Institutional Client Group (ICG). ISG implements state of the art technologies and operational processes which promote the collection, storage, analysis, and distribution of product, pricing, account, corporate action, and financial contract data. The ISG organization has a very diverse portfolio of clients and works in partnership with them to deploy solutions to increase their competitiveness, through restructuring business processes, simplifying information access, and providing business intelligence around critical data.
The legal technology team will be responsible for building the next generation legal enterprise reference data platform. This involves end to end responsibilities from data modeling, application design, data integration / analysis and working with the legal and business partners for implementation. Financial contract reference data is critical to the bank and must be available, accurate, and complete for global financial markets.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The C11 Business Analyst will play a key role in the design and build out of the new legal reference data platform, which is aiming to create a unified framework and aligned operational processes to ensure Citis regulatory obligations are met and sustainable going forward - across all impacted Legal Entities, Business lines and regional regulators. The ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of database design, SQL, and data analytic skillsets against large and complex data structure. The candidate will also work independently to ensure successful execution of his/her projects.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to perform analysis on datasets to determine their quality, coverage, complexity
- Normalize disparate data sets into a common logical model
- Independently query data from multiple relational databases for analysis
- Work directly with Technology, Operations, Legal and Business partners to successfully deliver complex projects leveraging our enterprise reference data platform
- Create BRD/FRD translating business logic into functional requirements
- Communicate business concepts and expected functional behavior to Developers and other stakeholders
- Create comprehensive use cases for testing
- Good database design and modelling knowledge, deep understanding of data integrity and normalization
- Strong SQL knowledge with minimum of 3+ years of hands on experience, ability to run analysis and complex SQLs against large sets of data is a must. Preferably experience with Oracle DBMS.
- Hands on experience with SEAL Software or Exari a strong plus, but not required
- 4 year Bachelors degree or higher in one of the science majors is ideal
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Experience managing the full project cycle for complex business deliverables including translating client logic into functional requirements, writing FRDs/BRDs, working with the technology teams to ensure accurate implementation, and partner with business for user acceptance testing and production go live.
- Experience with legal contractual and/or securities reference data background in capital markets is a plus
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Capable of managing multiple tasks under tight deadlines