The Tech Lead will lead and deliver the innovation and maintenance of our Behavioral Health EHR healthcare technology platform and products.
You will be a pivotal part of our technology team, breathing life into new and innovative capabilities of our highly scalable multi-tenant healthcare technology platform. In this hands-on role, you lead a cross functional agile development team to deliver high quality software capabilities that deliver business value, modelling servant leadership and ensuring team success.
This can be a remote based position.
Essential Functions / Tasks / Duties / Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of cross functional engineers to build innovative, highly available, highly scalable software capabilities on our technology platform.
- Personally contribute to the design and development of our healthcare technology platform and products.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and engineers to ensure the Team has clarity of the business objective, requirements, and solution; translating requirements into technical design artifacts, proactively identifying opportunities to create reusable software components.
- Facilitate the estimation process to ensure the team provides realistic targets with associated tasks, dependencies, contingencies and risk mitigation strategies.
- Promote transparency of status to stakeholder through tracking tools, and verbal/written updates.
- Safeguard the needs of security, performance, and reliability in all deliverables.
- Assists team members with solving complex technical problems.
- Lead design sessions, conduct code reviews, and manage multiple source code repositories, keeping tech debt low, and enabling continuous delivery practices.
- Ensure production issues are resolved quickly and completely, to meet our SLAs.
- Continually strengthen technology practice through use of industry leading techniques and technologies.
- Continually develop skills in software engineering through self-study, conferences, and classes.
- Mentor and learn from those around you.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven record of delivering high quality software that meets business needs.
- Demonstrable experience designing, developing, and extending innovative SaaS products.
- Experience successfully leading cross functional technology teams.
- Creative, entrepreneurial mindset, that works well in a collaborative Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture.
- Capable with database technologies such as MS SQL, MYSQL, Aurora.
- Experienced building and maintaining technology platforms and SaaS products
- Effective building unit test and using unit test frameworks
- Working knowledge of AWS capabilities and services
- Proficient working with SCM and IDEs
- Knowledgeable in Health IT standards and protocols, including FHIR
- An appreciation for continuous delivery practices: continuous integration, continuous testing, and continuous deployment.
- Experienced managing several code repositories, and the SCM process.
- History of exemplary performance and personal integrity.
- Committed to solving challenges within healthcare, and the craftsmanship of software engineering.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience as a professional Software Engineer, including 2+ years leading small engineering teams.
- Experience with Scrum.
- Experience working in the health information IT domain preferred.
- Direct reports may include Software Engineers and Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET).
- Provide feedback to Development Managers/Directors for career and performance development.
At OP, our team members are our greatest asset. Come join us as we work together to revolutionize pediatric and behavioral health EHR technology. Our teams are highly collaborative and passionate about building innovative solutions that help practices provide the very best care for their patients.