Site Reliability Engine / DevOps Engineering Lead Cisco Systems is offering an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a fast moving, agile engineering team that is building a big data Cloud security product. We are looking for an energetic DevOps engineer to contribute to all parts of our infrastructure stack. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the production process, including continuous delivery of features, infrastructure automation, configuration management, high availability, and related tooling. Candidates will also be expected to contribute to software development and testing. If startup culture is your thing, here is a team that operates like a startup inside Cisco, looking for bright engineers to create amazing applications/solutions. Responsibilities
- Participate as a technical contributor on a fast paced project team of engineers involved in the development of public Cloud SaaS security products;
- Continuously evolve cloud infrastructure, making it more resilient, robust, scalable, secure and efficient;
- Aggressively automate orchestration, operations in a dynamc and highly scaled environment;
- Lead common infrastructure develop, tooling, profiling, HA operations and deployment processes;
- Create innovative solutions for complex technical problems;
- Respond to and resolve infrastructure related escalations.
- Proven ability to manage builds, release, and deployment in a SaaS environment with a strict SLA;
- Strong working knowledge of Linux based systems;
- SaaS deployment and upgrade automation using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet;
- Infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Google Deployment Manager
- Automated application of configuration changes across multi-use environments (dev, test, staging, prod, etc);
- Create and manage a safe deployment procedure of new product changes across multiple environments;
- Ability to build SaaS monitoring solutions that detect and automatically remediate system faults;
- Setting up, configuring, maintaining and evolving a continuous delivery environment using CI tools such as Jenkins/TeamCity/Bamboo etc;
- Settup and configuration of CD tools such as Spinnaker
- Scripting languages – Python, shell.
- Experience with running production software in AWS, GCP or Azure;
· SaaS operations such as maintenance, escalations & triage;
· Debugging and troubleshooting in a distributed environment;
- BS/CS with 5+ years of DevOps experience.
· Agile software development;
- Development experience in an object oriented language;
- Team player, with strong communication skills.
The Business Entity
Security Business Group is a fast growing Business Unit within Cisco with flagship products like NGFW, OpenDNS, CDO, WSA, ESA and many more
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.