Technical Project Manager Opportunity located in Cranston, RI!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for Technical Project Manager
role in Cranston, RI.
This is a 1+ year contract
opportunity. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this Technical Project Manager
opportunity; please send a Word resume to Matthew Lee, Technical Recruiter, at .Position: Technical Project Manager Location: Cranston, RI Duration: 1+ year contract Salary: Negotiable depending on experienceDescription:
Lead the work and deliverables of complex projects that impact multiple processes, systems, functions, and products across the Department of Human Services (DHS) from inception to implementation and continuous improvement. Responsible for developing and implementing strategic business plan to achieve business goals (system enhancements/change requests). Responsible for monitoring and tracking of project progress and work across divisions (e.g. IT Systems & Support (ITSS), SNAP, RIW, etc.) and vendor(s) support. Responsible for escalating issues and decisions when appropriate to the IT Systems and Support (ITSS) Senior Manager and DHS Deputy Director. Expected to assist with technical, UAT, and post-validation testing as appropriate. Expected to provide weekly (and as-requested) project updates and reports to the ITSS Senior Manager. This position reports directly to the ITSS Senior Manager.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Eligibility Systems Management (SNAP, RIW, CCAP, SSP, LTSS, Medicaid, Child Support or similar Eligibility Systems.)
- Web Service Integration, Application Program Interface (RESTful APIs), WebSockets and various other interfaces.
- One or many areas of the machine interaction model, Rule Engines, Big Data, Data Visualizations (Tableau, Power BI).
- DevOps tools used for Code Integration/Code Deployment Sound knowledge and understanding of data security.
- Experience in Agile (Preferred), Waterfall, RUP Methodology for product development
Knowledge of various IoT technologies including Mobile, Java middleware, (M2M), Cloud, voice (Amazon, Google, International Business Machines (IBM), etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to deliver quality work under time constraints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team player and/or lead a team when appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience related to standards & measurements, technology, systems and processes, including project consultation preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or