One Company...Many Careers!
The Technical Agile Coach is a software developer who is dedicated to the dojo and helps teams with all aspects of technical excellence. i.e. Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automated Software Change, GIT, Mob/Pair programming, Test Driven Development. The Technical Agile Coach should understand these concepts and be able to relay them and their importance to others. The Technical Agile coach is viewed as thought leader, a teacher and confidant. The Technical Agile Coach should always be learning and understand how to use what he/she has learned to help product teams deliver better software and services faster and more efficiently.A Day In The Life Of A Technical Agile Coach - req10667
The Technical Agile Coach:
- Is dedicated to the team currently in dojo
- Will attend team ceremonies and partner closely with the team on a daily basis.
- Strives to understand the team's tech stack and ways to eliminate technical debt.
- Learns about new tools and helps figure out how teams can use emerging tools and technologies to be more efficient.
- gives back to the development community by monitoring GIT, Rocket Chat and other communities where developers reach out with questions
- Will think about ways to provide teams in dojo with experiential lessons that will help them advance. This is NOT classroom training or death by power point.
Office Location (Tempe, AZ) ...where we work hard AND play hard! We Are Looking for Candidates With
The presence, persona and technical acumen to be an advocate for agile transformation. It is important that the coach can listen, empathize and help the team develop solutions that help deliver value faster. The coach must have the heart of a teacher. Team members can be frustrated and vulnerable. It is not important that you show them how smart you are. It is important that you develop a relationship with them so you can understand the personal or team struggles. Meet them where they are and work to elevate them. Do no harm!Necessary Qualifications:
- Experience with Java/Spring Boot, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Front-end UI development and REST SOAP service development
- Familiar with good source code management practices.
- Experience in AWS cloud and micro services technologies
- Knowledge of Containers, Container Management, Micro Services architecture (docker, kubernetes)
- Exposure to business intelligence and visualization tools like Cognos, Qlikview, SAS, Text Analytics
- Code quality tool familiarity - code coverage, security and code scans, and secure coding practices
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery Pipelines (Jenkins, CI Runners)
- High level understanding of model development life cycles, machine learning, data science will be an advantage
- Commitment to agile principles and practices
- Strong technical skills and learning agility
What You Can Expect
- Heart of a teacher effective at coaching and teaching people rather than simply solving their problems.
- Utilizes Agile software development and DevOps practices, code reviews, source code management, continuous delivery, and software architecture.
- Utilizes Business Driven Development (BDD)/Test Driven Development (TDD) test practices.
- Experienced in leading solution design, considering risks & mitigations.
- Recognized as a strong lead developer, DevOps lead or build engineer.
- Considers applying emerging technology solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness; expectation of continuous innovation.
- Instills a DevOps mindset where team is accountable for product from inception to sunset.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Comfortable presenting to groups and facilitating working sessions.
What's In It For You
- Next steps: Competitive candidates will be contacted by an HR recruiter. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®Come join our passionate team!
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!