At NIC, our strength is the efficiency with which we deliver leading-edge products and support to those we serve. We're proud to set the standard for success in our industry. To help us continue our growth, we're seeking an experienced Technical Analyst to join our highly skilled team. You'll serve in a customer-facing role to deliver ongoing support and service for our customers in our product operational phase. The position will focus on relationship-building, working with various stakeholders, business/product owners and technical staff on day-to-day requests, help to resolve problems, and build and deliver reports and dashboards to provide necessary data insights for the licensing system. This is a dynamic, changing environment where you will fill multiple roles and work on high visibility projects.
We are seeking a talented and driven professional with a proactive, positive "get-it-done" attitude and a diverse mix of skills in communications, technical, analytics, process improvement, and customer service.
This position location is desired to be at our client location in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; however remote work may be available.
- Work closely with the Outdoors Operation team to perform a variety of project management duties, including disseminating project information to stakeholders, monitoring the achievement of project activities, developing and maintaining deliverables, gathering data as applicable, and driving the project to produce outcomes.
- Handle day-to-day requests from client stakeholders that include identifying and troubleshooting issues, build and deliver reports, analyze data, write queries to pull data, provide data insights and trends
- Proactively work to identify, problem-solve, communicate and resolve product issues and risks that interfere with the success of a project
- Collaborate with other employees by providing important customer feedback, process-improvement suggestions, new troubleshooting tips and actions
- Learn and maintain a working knowledge of the systems, product, clients, users, interfaces to understand key business drivers and needs of customers
- Cross collaborate extensively with internal teams such as engineering, product management, and quality assurance to understand and deliver client processes, technical requirements, and other unique client needs
- Communicate regularly with sophisticated customers to understand, develop and deliver a plan to implement their data and operational requirements
- Manage and prioritize the backlog of features and bugs with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders.
- Interface with clients, users, business / product owners and SME's to gather and understand the goals and requirements and be able to translate and breakdown requests into user stories, authoring additional requirements, artifacts and project documentation as needed
- Assist writing user stories and prioritizing requirements, ensure road blocks are removed in a timely matter and participate in product design sessions
- Review and understand large data files, working closely with developers to ensure successful technical requirements of the project are met, including successful mapping of extensive data via system connections or APIs
Education and Experience
- Active Listening : provide full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Writing : communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Analytical : synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition, possesses business understanding and experience to complement data, and designs work-flows and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking : develops strategies to achieve organizational goals, understands organization's strengths & weaknesses, analyzes market competition, identifies external threats and opportunities, and adapts strategy to changing conditions
- Quality of Work: c ommitment to demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback received from others to improve own performance, and monitors own work to ensure delivery of quality
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: i dentifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, generates alternative solutions to remove obstacles/variables, works well in group problem solving situations, and ensures good judgment has been used to produce a favorable end result
- Communication: e ffect change without direct exercise of command where persuasion is required
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in related field
- Minimum 2 years' experience in software development; 3+ years solid BA experience including waterfall and agile (Senior BA preferred); 2+ years working hands-on in an agile/scrum framework
- Strong influencing and leadership skills with proven ability to drive stakeholders and teams to consensus on product needs, requirements and design decisions
- Experience working in a distributed workforce with the ability to deliver on commitments in a timely manner and within quality standards
- Active listening skills, excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Effective meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of the business and technical aspects of a project
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Experience with requirements/task/project management tools such as Jira and MS project
- Familiarity with .NET technologies; SQL skills a plus
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We're also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades . Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people .
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.