The Technical Architect DevOps is a client facing, pre-sales technologist who acts as a value-added technical advocate for clients. This is a national role that will help drive continued growth in Sirius' DevOps practice, and can be based from most major cities in the US. Up to 50% travel to customer sites will be required.
The Technical Architect - DevOps sells and positions implementation and advisory services primarily in the DevOps domain, but also understands and advises clients on where other strategic and advisory services (Data Center, Networking, Application Development, Commerce, Content, Security etc.) fit their needs.
The Technical Architect - DevOps works with clients to identify and design automation, container, and application transformation solutions utilizing Red Hat technologies.
This role is responsible for understanding clients business requirements as they pertain to Red Hat solutions, qualifying opportunities, and creating solution designs that match the requirements with appropriate products/platforms, managed and professional services. This role entails collaborating with other Line of Business (LOB) experts as required to address client needs, presenting proposed solutions to the client, ensuring the sale is made, and overseeing the delivery of these solutions.
Understanding the design and development of automated container platforms, deployment pipelines, and cloud-ready application architectures is critical for this role.
After joining Sirius, you will go through an intensive training program on Ansible, OpenShift, and Red Hat Middleware technologies and related DevOps topics. Here's how your skill set will evolve and what you'll learn during your first year in the role:
At 2 months, be prepared to lead client pre-sales engagements by acquiring the following:
- Knowledge of Red Hat Container, Automation, and Middleware offerings including how to demo the products
- Practical experience with our organizational offerings
- Regional relationships with key Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects, and Sales leaders
- Assist with creation of standardized solutions and architectures
Within 6 months, be ready to create comprehensive business transformation initiatives and deliver proof-of-concept solutions by attaining the following:
- Assist with closing first several opportunities
- Practical experience standing up OpenShift, Ansible, and CI/CD pipelines in our labs
- Practical experience creating repeatable demos alongside our internal teams
- Deliver a proof of concept alongside a Red Hat tiger team member
- Partner with existing Sirius Solution Architect resources on new and existing opportunities to gain an understanding of the Sirius message and sales strategy
- Meet with organizational leaders to gain an understanding of Sirius offerings
- Begin assisting with identification of other key technologies to use in our automation, container, and application ecosystems
Within 12 months, demonstrate architectural leadership in automation, containers, and application transformation by accomplishing the following:
- Regular successful capture of opportunities
- Helping other sales team members learn how to identify and sell automation, container, and application transformation opportunities
- Contributing lessons learned, best practices, and how-tos to our internal and external communities of practice
- Applying new technologies, frameworks, or methodologies to container platform
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Client Facing Sales Support Work with sales account team, interfacing directly with clients. Build trusted advisor relationships, understand clients business challenges and propose solutions.
- Develop High Level Designs and Architectures Create and document solution architectures that address client business problems and can be used to ensure a smooth transition from presales to delivery
- Ability to promote the value proposition of various Red Hat technologies with clients. Discuss solutions in business value terms in the context of use cases
- Lead client opportunity discovery meetings, with a focus automation, containerization, and application transformation
- Create Proposals Develop Professional Services Estimates, Red Hat Product Proposals, SOWs (Statements of Work), At-a-glance documents, business cases and RFP responses
- Create and perform demos and proof of concepts showing off how Red Hat technologies can assist clients in their automation, containerization, and application transformation initiatives
- Guide clients through the process of creating roadmaps, business cases, and timelines for large business transformation efforts
- Learn new technologies quickly, including infrastructure automation, container orchestration, container registries, container build strategies, cloud storage, and software-defined networks
- Sales Planning Work with management and sales teams to develop account prioritization and support strategies that will ensure a long term trusted relationship status
- Partner Relationship Management Develop healthy and trusted relationships with key partners in the geography
- Billable Consulting Provide services as part of client projects that are billable, usually in a project oversight mode
- Intellectual Property Development Contribute to the development of intellectual property and industry recognition (white papers, speaking engagements etc.)
- Training Develop and execute a professional plan that will enhance skills
- Travel Travel to/from clients, corporate events and training
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
- At least eight (8) years Information Technology experience, such as consulting, operations, development, architecture, and/or DevOps engineering, to include:
- At least five (5) years Architect level experience in any of the following categories: Development, Operations, DevOps, Cloud
- At least five (5) years of experience with Linux system administration
- At least three (3) years of platform scripting experience with the Ruby, Python, Go, or other automation languages
Other Position Requirements -
- Prior experience building containerized solutions, CI/CD pipelines, and infrastructure/public cloud automation solutions
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical background and knowledge to business direction by developing service offerings, go-to-market strategies, business planning, and other activities important to building business
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales, sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin
- Proven experience articulating technical viewpoints to diverse audiences, including technical and business decision makers
- Proven ability to evaluate information and make sound technical risk judgements
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new solution/product development
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated leadership, delegation, and personnel management skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, including formal and informal presentations to large and small audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Technical writing experience
- Experience building containerized solutions and standing up OpenShift, Ansible, and CI/CD pipelines
- Four (4) years billable consulting experience
- Three (3) years of experience with leading teams in a Client or consulting project environment
- Four (4) years of experience with Client, OEM or VAR based partner management
- Experience within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers a nd as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.