Technical Architect – Enterprise Network
The Technical Architect is a customer-facing, industry-seasoned, member of the Technology Services team responsible for developing and delivering successful and thought-leading technical architecture and engineering design engagements to clients. As a trusted technologist to our enterprise clients, the Technical Architect is responsible for understanding unique infrastructure requirements and translating business needs into technical solutions and services that deliver positive business outcomes.
The Technical Architect is responsible for considering the entire solution lifecycle from ideation and design through technical configuration and deployment. The Technical Architect will serve as a client advocate delivering thought leadership through technical briefings, technology roadmaps, service and solution workshops, and strategy ideation. Leveraging specialist (and generalist) technology expertise, business knowledge, and professional experience, the Technical Architect will lead complex client technical projects, with the support of broader teams. The Technical Architect will have a strong balance of theoretical and practical hands-on knowledge, skills and experience in their assigned area(s) of focused expertise.
This Technical Architect position is primarily focused on the platform solution areas of the Enterprise Network domain including developing durable solutions to evaluate strategy selection criteria and identifying/validating requirements for comprehensive enterprise network solution areas including but not limited to data center, campus, WAN, remote access and connectivity to external business partners and cloud IaaS/SaaS service providers. Demonstrated technology and project experience with all enterprise network technologies is required including but not limited to IP addressing, routing and routing protocols (IPV4, IPv6 also preferred), multilayer switching (campus and data center fabrics including SDN), SDWAN, WAN technologies such as optical, TDM and MPLS, cybersecurity technologies such as NGFW, etc. wired and wireless technologies, networking to and within public clouds, identity and policy management, ZT/ZTNA, SASE, site to site and client VPNs, application load balancing, DNS/DHCP, QoS and treatment of latency sensitive applications such as voice and video, IP Multicast and network management tools, processes and operations including visibility, analytics, monitoring, logging, automation and alerting functions.
The Technical Architect is a senior technical professional with diverse industry knowledge, deep technology expertise and know-how. The Technical Architect will have a passion for technology strategy, a strong desire to deliver best-in-class service levels that exceed client expectations, and a proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Perform a hybrid architecture/engineering role with authority for your deep areas of technical subject matter expertise (full stack/comprehensive enterprise network)
• Lead and deliver architecture and engineering engagements including, high-level technical leadership and service / solution designs in all areas of enterprise network
• Understand and assess client business and technology challenges and needs using a professional and structured discovery approach, requirements gathering and a keen problem-solving skillset
• Create and develop client solutions that meet business and technology requirements and deliver successful outcomes that delight clients
• Develop effective and creative approaches to client challenges and deliver services and solutions for client projects that maximize value, minimize cost, and accelerate time to success
• Participate and lightly facilitate project management mechanics and successful project outcomes
• Bring a solid “generalist” working knowledge of multiple IT technology domains relevant to large enterprise IT teams to be able to successfully interact with different technology domain team experts, anticipate needs/challenges, build effective solutions with successful outcomes and be a continuous learner of industry trends, technology trends, etc.
• Build and maintain strong client relationships as a trusted advisor
• Engage clients and partners across a broad spectrum of technical and non-technical roles with tailored, interpersonal and business communication skills...
o Verbal – lead and conduct client and partner meetings, interviews, workshops, etc.
o Written – creating technical proposals, strategic project documentation and related deliverables, technology/solution whitepapers, etc.
o Presentations – creating and delivering client presentations, video on demand and webinar material, speaking engagements, etc.
o Diagrams – developing conceptual, architectural, and procedural diagrams
• Foster key partnerships with manufacturers, service providers, and partners
• Maintain relevant industry and technology solution knowledge, skills, and experience
• Support business development and participate in marketing events as required
• 10+ years of experience in senior information technology technical leadership (architecture, engineering, operations roles preferred) in enterprise network
• Well-rounded understanding of all topics and technologies within the enterprise network domain including but not limited to: IP addressing, routing and routing protocols (IPV4, IPv6 also preferred), multilayer switching (campus and data center fabrics including SDN), SDWAN, WAN technologies such as optical, TDM and MPLS, cybersecurity technologies such as NGFW, etc. wired and wireless technologies, networking to and within public clouds, identity and policy management, ZT/ZTNA, SASE, site to site and client VPNs, application load balancing, DNS/DHCP, QoS and treatment of latency sensitive applications such as voice and video, IP Multicast and network management tools, processes and operations including visibility, analytics, monitoring, logging, automation and alerting functions.
• Deep experience with major manufacturer platforms. Cisco preferred.
• Strong preference given to having the blended experience of roles across enterprise IT client organizations, technology manufacturers, technology solution providers and service providers
• Strong preference given to active, relevant industry and/or manufacturer architect-level certifications in Modern Data Center / Hybrid Cloud domains
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related experienced strongly preferred
• Advanced technical degree in computer science, engineering or MBA considered
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills, good listener, ability to connect with different personalities
• Demonstrated business acumen and executive presence
• Ability to solve complex, abstract problems
• Excellent collaboration and team-oriented skills including working with distributed, virtual teams
• Strong user of modern collaboration and office automation tools and services
• Organized and methodical with strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills
• Self-starter and self-directed ability
• Creative, thought-leading, and innovative thinker but grounded in practical realities is essential
• Enjoys and maintains a culture of self-driven, lifelong learning.
• Maintains a broad knowledge and understanding of the current and anticipated future of the technology industry including trends, technologies, products/services and standards