Job Description :
Do you thrive on new and exciting digital technology? Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a digital evolution and large-scale transformation?
As a Technical Architect in the Lowe-s IT Merchandising organization, you will be responsible for influencing technical direction, defining and enforcing solution architecture standards, and designing best in class digital solutions focused around product Assortment, Space Planning, and Inventory Demand Forecasting & Allocation.
We are seeking an inspiring, technically brilliant, product focused leader who is passionate about building best in-class capabilities as well as engineering complex, secure and high-quality reliable software solutions.
Top Skills we are seeking-
- Desire to define solution architectures, procedures, and designs to ensure consistency and adherence to Lowe's standards.
- Influence the strategic technical direction of the portfolio across multiple enterprise engineering organizations
- Drive the adoption of new technologies by researching technical trends and developments.
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security of applications to help scale the company.
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical architectures required for business solution delivery
- You have a proven track record of a "Can-Do" attitude and are results orientated
What You-ll Need to Succeed:
- Extensive experience in open-source technologies, agile methodologies and reliability based modern software engineering practices.
- Ability to demonstrate a combination of a highly-technical hands-on software architecture guidance and be an effective leader.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of the retail industry and expectations of an omni-channel company.
- Ability to partner with other architects to drive, leverage, and reuse technical craftsmanship in the larger IT organization.
- Agile project experience
- Cloud: Experience with containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in IT, including 5+ years of experience in IT architecture
- 4+ years of experience leading technical teams with or without direct reports
- 2+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization
- 4+ years of experience architecting, designing, and implementing enterprise-scale, high volume, high availability systems
- 2+ years of experience with modeling techniques (e.g., BPM, UML, ER)
- 2+ years of experience working with Enterprise Architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF or Zachman
- 2+ years of experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior leadership
- 4+ years of experience with commercial off-the-shelf package integration (JDA)
- 2+ years of experience working with third party IT vendors and/or IT system solution providers
- 3+ years of experience in IT within the retail industry
Lowe-s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE- 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe-s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe-s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.