If you are looking to join a great company that is committed to delivering high-level client and employee satisfaction... Dev Technology is the company for you! We are a growing software firm with a stellar history of supporting mission critical applications that protect and serve American Citizens.
Dev Technology is recruiting for a talented Technical Architect Lead to join our dynamic team in Washington, D.C. This position requires a DHS Public Trust (or the ability to obtain).
TheTechnical Architect Lead to develop the strategy for the successful design and implementation of an agile software development effort supporting a portfolio of DHS applications. This person will be responsible for leading the solution architecture for new software development efforts and to recommend infrastructure changes for existing programs.
The successful candidate for this role will balance hands on experience with oversight and guidance to technical staff. The program is looking to make incremental changes toward more modern technologies.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in an enterprise IT environment, including senior-level experience and a wide variety of technologies
- Experience providing technical leadership to large application development teams in a Java/JEE environment using agile methodologies, and a desire to learn more and newer technologies, especially open source
- Experience designing and implementing Java/JEE solutions using open source technologies and frameworks
- Technically proficient in designing and implementing data center/cloud-based hosting solutions, including solution architecture and cost estimation
- Proven ability to develop root case analysis, problem identification and resolution, and roadmap for problems within system design and implementation of existing and new systems
- Experience applying The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) in Agile solution designs to minimize technical debt and improve overall velocity
- Experience developing solutions using message services, such as development of Apache ActiveMQ services
- Experience with DevOps pipeline tools including configuration management, requirements, automated testing, and deployment
- Experience developing interfaces compliant with National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) standards
- Experience designing solutions compliant with the Federal Information Management Security Act (FISMA) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Security Standards and Security Requirements
- Technical proficiency in optimizing system performance and resource utilization through log and monitoring analysis
- Experience working on software development projects for government clients
Preferred skills and/or experience:
- Experience developing integrated solutions with federal information and biometric exchanges including Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS), Automated Biometric Identification System (IDENT), National Crime Information Center (NCIC), and National Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (NLETS)
- Experience designing and implementing Single Sign-On (SSO) solutions using Microsoft Active Directory and Personal Identity Verification (PIV) cards
- Experience deploying systems into a cloud-based hosting environment
- Experience supporting mobile applications
- Experience designing solutions with a Microservices software architecture
- Required: Bachelor's degree
- Preferred: Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Preferred: Some type of technical certification, open to the type
We offer competitive compensation along with excellent benefits in a team oriented environment. To learn more about us or the position visit www.DevTechnology.com. To apply, please forward your resume and a cover letter with your salary requirements and any security clearance information.
*Dev Technology Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Dev Technology complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.