Senior System Test Automation Tech Lead
Cisco Security Business Group (SBG) develops and markets security products and solutions for Cisco's Borderless Networks. These products protect customer investments by providing infrastructure, perimeter and application level security, including products to deploy, operate and monitor policy throughout the infrastructure.
The Security Management is one of the most critical products of SBG. This product has high visibility both within the Business unit and across several other of Cisco product/technology organizations and other functions like Advanced Services, Customer Advocacy, etc. Security Manager enables customers to build, enforce and monitor security policies effectively through its easy to use graphical user interface.
Members of the team will have ample opportunities to interact with our customers to learn how they deploy network security solutions. Knowledge from our customer's day-to-day operations will be utilized to transform our product to meet customer's operational challenges such as scalability, usability, virtualization, and high availability.
The team is looking for a highly energetic and motivated senior system test engineer who work with the development engineering and test teams, and more critically, with other product engineering teams and cross-functional teams such as Product Marketing, Usability Engineering, customer-facing operations like Systems Engineers, Escalation etc.
The successful candidate will have a unique blend of technical knowledge and exceptional communication and problem-solving skills, coupled with a proven track record of successful contributions to the quality of large software product teams. This role includes driving testability of new features, system testing, performance/scalability, Interoperability and end-to-end solutions testing, and identifying and defining simulation and automation tools.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component. Broad knowledge of and exposure to networking and network management are essential for success in this role.
Required Skills: The candidate should possess one or more of the following primary skills:
* Security Domain Expertise
* Strong Networking skills
* Knowledgeable on next generation firewall technologies
* Knowledge in using security testing tools & traffic generators like Breakpoint, Ixia, Spirent, TeraVM
* Experience with building and maintaining an automation test framework is required.
* Experience writing complex automated tests for web applications using Selenium Webdriver or a comparable tool
* Extensive Hands-on experience in Python, Perl, TCL/TK, Selenium and shell scripting knowledge is required
* Proficient in REST API Based automation
* Possess strong Leadership skills and mentoring of junior engineers and small groups of engineers
* Experience in testing and administering in Linux, UNIX and virtual network environments.
* Experience in analyzing crash logs, stack trace, faults by utilizing basic debugging techniques
* Ability to generate, capture and analyze protocol traces. Familiar working with IP capture tools like Wireshark and Ethereal.
* Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written) and technical skills
* Must work well in a team environment, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills
* Work as a member of a SCRUM team delivering high quality software in two week sprints
* Having Cisco Certification such as CCNA/CCNP/CCIE (Routing / Security) is a plus.
* Typically requires MS EE/CS combined with 8+ yrs related experience, or BS EE/CS combined with 12+ years of related experience