Technical Business Analyst - Data (Software/Web)
Job Description This position is in our Irvine office and is a hybrid work dynamic with 3 days on-site and 2 days remote. Four 10-hour-day work weeks with an additional off-day is also an option, if interested. OVERVIEW
CoStar Group is the world's leading provider of information and marketing solutions for the Commercial Real Estate industry. We are a NASDAQ listed company with a market cap of over US$30B and sit alongside other notable names such as Amazon, Facebook, Google and Apple.
As a technology company, we are the trusted partner for all commercial real estate professionals empowering many of the most well-respected landlords, development companies, brokerage firms, banks, lenders, investors and government agencies.
We do this by actively researching the commercial real estate markets and providing data, analytics, innovative tools and powerful marketing platforms in the U.S. and Internationally to help our clients transact with one another. CoStar continues to win multiple awards including one of Forbes most innovative companies (2017) and Fortune's fastest growing companies (2018).
Ten-X is the leading end-to-end transaction platform for commercial real estate, powering more than 90% of online CRE sales. Our platform empowers brokers, sellers and buyers with data-driven technology and comprehensive marketing tools to expand market visibility and decrease time to close.DUTIES
- Requirements: Owning Data requirements from the initial idea through delivery and effectively communicating and documenting changes.
- Documentation: Requirements, stakeholder sign off, mock-ups, data mapping and transformation across systems.
- Facilitation: Facilitate meetings for; gathering requirements, interdepartmental collaboration, reviewing User stories, reviewing KPIs and drivers, executive updates.
- Data Analysis: Ad-hoc analysis of current state or proposed scope of work to understand the landscape while developing requirements. Additional analysis throughout for validation and testing. Present findings in a clear, concise manner.
- Testing: Validation on data related projects and assist with testing including front end manual testing as well data validation in SQL and MySQL.
- Deep dive data analysis across multiple systems to help inter-department teams in all aspects of product development.
- Initial analysis and report building before collaborating with technical teams.
- Facilitate discovery and requirements gathering sessions with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Technology stakeholders to document detailed functional, technical, data, and reporting requirements and understand their key performance indicators (KPI) for new initiatives.
- Data contracts for system integrations.
- Write User Stories that can be understood by business stakeholders, business intelligence, software developers, and quality assurance analysts.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of Product, Systems, or Business Analysis experience in a data focused analytics role
- Must understand relational data models and be comfortable writing SQL queries.
- Excellent communication, documentation skills.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, MIS, computer science, or other related technical field.
- Strong with visual tools such as Visio, Drawio, LucidCharts, etc.
- Agile/Scrum team experience
- API and system integration experience is a plus.
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing