Contractor Role Technical Program Manager 1 position
Job Description Details
- Software product and solutions program roadmap creation, release schedule creation and life cycle management of existing and new products, solutions and programs.
- Scoping and delivering features and user story grooming and approval management.
- With a background in SW development, assess estimates, designs and validate effort with engineers and architects to create a realistic delivery schedule.
- Manage development pipeline with resource velocity management and KPI management.
- Responsible for prioritization of deliverables with project managers, analysts, engineers through Sprint planning, and maintaining sprint schedules for their given product releases.
- Work with engineers on technical, design, infrastructure aspects of the product/project.
- Facilitate communication within and between the development teams and support teams, QA and the product owners to collaboratively develop solutions.
- Manage issues to resolution, provide escalation management, make appropriate tradeoffs, and meet committed timelines.
- Identify risks and work with the team to mitigate.
- BE degree in technology or technology management related fields
- 15+ years of well-rounded experience in web /mobile software development field with Java / MS SQL /REST API / and related technologies.
- 7+ years of experience as hands on developer in modern web technologies with solid understanding of SW development concepts to be able to work closely with Architects and Engineers.
- 5+ years in Mobile product development or development management experience.
- Must have worked in medium to large enterprises with experience with software development to deployment lifecycle following dev ops protocols to release management protocols.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional Internet software/services projects/programs to successful completion.
- Ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner
- Ability to study the domain, convert vague discussions to user stories for validations. Must be able to influence and negotiate right answers without overbearing on others.
- Excellent analytical skills to ensure root causes are identified for issues.
- Experience with agile development management and solutions like GIT, JIRA, Rally and MS project or similar solutions.
- Experience with upper management reporting, presentation creation and curation, metrics measurements, SLA understanding and reporting, resolving issues within prescribed time.
- Can-do attitude with ability to wear multiple hats in a project team.
- Understands nuances of organizations and has excellent soft skills to understand the expectations and delivers to those expectations.
- Excellent written documentation skills and verbal presentation skills to quickly document concepts, plans, metrics and trends and overall project lifecycle content.
- Diligence meeting facilitation and follow through behavior is a must.
- Ability to commit and deliver, take accountability and empowerment with diligent focus on process.
- Fast and agile learner with learning mind-set.
- Design thinking mindset and continuous improvement thinking hat experience is a plus.
- Scrum master, product owner or program management certifications are a plus.
- Data analytics of experience with analytics domain is a plus.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or