Technical Business Analyst Description
Apex Systems, the 2 nd largest IT staffing / consulting firm in the nation, is seeking a Technical Consultant / Analyst for one of our largest financial clients in the Salt Lake valley. This person will work within a small team of analysts to review, analyze and understand the details of how applications interact.
- Review and understand technical documents.
- Participate in technical reviews and "working" meetings.
- Communicates- writing, speaking, and presentation- concepts and constraints completely and clearly.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
- Provide input and guidance to the technical team on the financial requirements
- Provide data analysis to support, compile and report key information.
- Work with internal groups and outside vendors to ensure successful and a quality project completion.
- Communicating analysis and interpretation to appropriate audience.
- Experience providing input for application process flow to software testers.
- Ability to reconcile problems including multiple priorities and research conflicting and/or inaccurate data.
- Provide advanced analysis and strong written and verbal communications with management, staff and contractors
- Work independently and in a team environment to complete needed jobs. May lead a project team or initiative
- Take ownership of issues and work closely with various teams to develop resolutions
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Requires a Bachelor's in preferably Computer Science, Information Technology with emphasis in Software Development and/or 2+ years working experience with IT application development, technical software design and development or other directly related experience
- Proven work experience as a detail oriented, thorough professional
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Requires strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with application middleware, databases (SQL, Oracle etc), and programming languages
- Grasps business-centric data principles
- Requires advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to work with both management and technical staff employees.
- Proficient in the use of various software programs, including word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- A basic understanding of banking, including; Deposits operations and business activities.
Must be able to meet deadlines and function well under pressure.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or