Top Investment firm seeks a hands-on Technical Business Analyst/Product Owner to lead and coordinate projects, analyze business requirements, and engage with stakeholders across various departments to ensure successful implementation of several strategic software initiatives.
Projects include Fund on-boarding, software integration, and business transformation in executing the firm’s Front-Office technology strategy & roadmap.
- Understand the objectives of the Equity business and deliver technology and technical solutions
- Review and approve requirements and navigate them through the Software Development Life cycle.
- Lead the analysis of requirements and collaborate with team members to attain high reusability and maintainability by building flexible data models and seamless integration points.
- Coordinate all aspects of project management from requirements to implementation to testing, via both Waterfall and Agile methodologies- meeting changing needs and requirements along the way.
- BS or BA Degree and at least 7-10 years’ experience work in or around the Investment Process
- 7-10 years’ industry experience with 3-5 years’ of clear leadership experience
- Deep understanding of traditional Asset Classes, as well as the nuances of the High-Net-Worth, Wealth Management, or Retail industries is required
- Strong experience writing ad-hoc SQL queries, and an understanding of Database/RDBMS architecture, is required.
- Strong understanding of regulatory, cultural, and operational aspects of the Asset management industry, in Europe or Asia is preferred
- Experience playing a contributing role in full cycle software delivery as a business analyst, developer or quality expert
- Experience with project delivery of complex enterprise application systems, distributed applications, web applications, and system integration solutions is preferred
- Proven experience with at least one Agile project management frameworks and an innate understanding of the tradeoffs. (kanban, scrum, crystal or others).
- Experience managing a vendor relationship and hands-on experience with Charles River Development (CRD) or equivalent systems is required
- Knowledge of Integration testing and coordinating user acceptance testing is required