Please note that this is a 4+ months contract position.
Under direct supervision, has duties of instructing, directing, and checking the work of other technical staff. Reviews design documents and ensure technical specifications and designs are correct. Performs all functional duties independently. Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s). Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job. Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines. Leads technical staff assigned for the duration of a project or may function as ongoing lead for technical staff associated with one or more technical areas. Does not have formal supervisory responsibilities, although may provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals.
"• At least 5 years of experience in a technical business analyst or technical team leadership role;
• Experience managing a highly transactional (millions of records daily) application with high availability goals;
• At least 2 years of experience with design of highly-partitioned databases using Advanced Data Constructs in an Oracle 12c/18c environment;
• Good understanding of standard Web Application hardware stack under a Linux platform.(preferably Java, IBM WebSphere, and TomCat);
• Experience/expertise in Microsoft Word, Visio and Project;
• Knowledge of basic UNIX capabilities and shell scripting;
• Basic understanding of controlled nightly jobs and flat file processing, as well as file transmission; and
• Working knowledge of any of the following preferred:
•• Cloud (Google, MS Azure)
•• Containers, Kubernetes
"• A minimum of ten (10) years experience in software development or related field;
• A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred;
• Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
• Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
• Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
• Ability to prepare cost estimates;
• Working knowledge of/experience with Agile methodologies and SDLC practices;
• Knowledge of/experience with the following:
•• Application Lifecycle Management (ALM);
•• Test automation using UFT and/or Selenium;
•• DevOps using Jenkins;
•• Capacity Planning;
•• Project Management/Project Planning.
• Excellent communication skills; and
• Able to obtain Postal clearance.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference Job Number A174
San Francisco, CA, 94159Contact