Looking to take ownership of moving a companies technology initiatives to their future state? This might be the role for you.
The Technical Change Analyst has two primary functions:
- Coordination and facilitation of the regular operational review and approval of changes affecting our firm's technical environment. This includes software, hardware, and configuration changes. Reviews are conducted with key members of all teams in technology, as well as various functions of the risk management organization.
- When there are significant system outages, the analyst is responsible for initiating a post mortem investigation for the purposes of identifying the root cause and making recommendations for process or system improvements to prevent re-occurrence.
Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountabilities:
- Application of a consistent change management process and tools to properly facilitate control over technical changes in the environment
- Identify opportunities to improve the change management process, including approvals, reviews, and communication of changes
- Create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance
- Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Creation of a process and deliverables to support a problem management function
- Perform detailed post mortem analysis on significant outages to identify root cause
- Recommend improvement opportunities to reduce or eliminate outage risks
- Excellent written, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to partner and find common ground between varying business and technical teams
- A minimum of 6 years experience working in IT technical projects and changes
- Bachelor’s degree in IT required
- Working knowledge of infrastructure, network, and software development practices
- Process improvement knowledge to identify/recommend opportunities
- Ability to communicate and work with all levels of management within the organization
- Tracking and analysis of KPIs and metrics
- Working knowledge of industry operating standards such as COBIT, ITIL, ISO, etc.
- CISA certification preferred but not required