Global financial software firm in lower Manhattan is seeking a Technical Customer Support Manager.
The culture is fast paced and cutting edge, as the firm serves top-tier clients located in 12 countries with offerings including EDM Software, Professional Services and a growing Managed Services offering.
This is a newly created role of Customer Support Manager to lead a small regional support team responsible for the managed services and software support (L1/L2) for North America. This position reports directly to the Global Head of Managed Services based in London.
Benefits include company paid medical and dental coverage, generous vacation time, annual performance bonus and 401K w/company match.
You will have a key role within the firm’s support business overseeing services for its clients throughout North America.
This will include the daily operational running of the firm’s platform both in the cloud and onsite at its clients.
You will need to interface with clients and demonstrate a high level of competency to manage client expectations and to deliver high quality KPI’s as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience, preferably in financial sector with 5 years in a support role performing L1 and diagnosis/resolution.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in team management.
- SQL Server is a must.
- Working knowledge of at least 2 of the following technologies (Oracle/Postgres, JAVA, Workflow systems or UNIX)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), presentation and the ability to communicate/work with people at all levels/backgrounds
- Knowledge of ITIL processes or similar as regards to support incident lifecycles (L0-L3) etc.
- Experience in the financial sector with exposure/experience with Data Management software or data vendors such as Bloomberg & Markit and have supported a large software product with exposure to a standard Software Development Lifecycle.
- Strong technical skills to be hands on to troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with customers, partners, and developers across the business at all levels.
- Able to manage relationships with peers and managers as it relates to support and services..
- Ability to explore and understand server and application monitoring tools.
- Proficient in knowledge of IT infrastructure, broad understanding of IT concepts and architecture.