We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Reconcile data after data loads into the personal lines data marts. Analyze the root causes of data variances. Communicate the results to the business stakeholders to obtain the release of the new data in the data marts. Analyze the system changes to automated scripts & reconciliation tableau reports and make the necessary changes.
Essential Job Functions
- Extract data directly from relational databases (e.g. DB2, SQL Server), data warehouses, or other data stores using SQL or SAS.
- Format data for business use in Excel, Access, or similar format.
- Reconcile data in the target to the sources and analyze the root causes of the data variances.
- Produce reports manually and through automated scripting and Tableau.
- Create and maintain scripts and macros used to automate reports.
- Support application testing for enhancements or system upgrades.
- Identify and communicate data quality issues or data differences.
- Communicate effectively. Be concise and precise in written communication.
- Demonstrate business understanding.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of data associated with at least one line of business (LOB), and effectively support the data needs of that LOB.
- Demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning.
- Exemplify good teamwork.
- Proactively communicate with customers and team members.
- Provide excellent customer service by making realistic commitments and keeping them.
- Work productively on assigned tasks.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members.
- Demonstrate accountability to management and customers for hours spent on assigned tasks.
- Diligently strive to deliver value in the fewest possible hours.
Physical Actions: E ssentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing, and lifting/carrying 10 lbs. maximum. Functional ability of seeing, hearing and speaking. Ability to type proficiently.
Physical Environment: Work in a climate-controlled office, with occasional travel by car or airplane
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred, in Information Systems or related field.
Experience Requirements: 2+ years experience with data extraction, analysis, manipulation, reconciliation and presentation in usable format, Farmers or other insurance experience is preferred.
Special Skill Requirement
MS Excel: advanced proficiency (Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, AutoFilter, and formulas).
SQL: proficient with queries involving multiple tables.
Tableau experience is preferred.
SAS knowledge will be a plus.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Full-time Job Posting: